Page 218 of 221 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

AIWB with WL - comfort?

I've been running my Staccato C2 in a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 - very happy with this setup. I'm running irons and recently did an experiment at night in my home - even with some low level lighting the irons were a no-go. While I do have adapters and red dots for the C2 I prefer irons. I can buy a 2.5 for a TLR-7A, but I'd appreciate any feedback on comfort of AIWB with WL. Looks to me that the additional width in the crotch area might be a minor issue; OTOH, JMCK has a holster specific to the C2 versus the P version I'm now using .

My experience with AIWB WML holsters are limited to p30L, g34, and Elite LTT all with x300s all of them JMCK.

I personally think JMCK makes outstanding holsters. For me the WML holsters seem to conceal better for me then the standard holsters. The Glock holsters I can have full sweat guards and they don’t make a difference, on the others I prefer mid sweat guard. All of them are comfortable, they take up a little more room in the pants but I don’t really notice much difference when you find the right position for you. Maybe if you sit with your legs crossed(which I don’t do) it might get a little pinch on your manhood but to me it does not make much difference.

I also don’t carry with a WML anymore as I don’t see the need especially since I carry pistols with optics mostly.

If you carry your gun closer to 12:00 it may work fine. If you carry it right in the inguinal crease, so the dust cover is right up against your leg, then obviously adding a WML is going to shift the whole package towards your navel by a width measurement roughly equal to the size of the WML. This still may work or may not. I like my gun as far over as possible to the right (right handed shooter) because it conceals better for me, and for that reason I’ve never even considered a WML.

Thanks for the replies. The above post pretty much align with my thinking. I'm going to remount either my RMR or Holosun, probably the Holosun since I like ACSS, and call it done. The red dot won't conceal quite as well, but I'm in Idaho. I just hate torquing those itty-bitty screws down just so. I'm going to try use Vibra Tite and see if that doesn't work a bit better than Locktite.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    The red dot won't conceal quite as well, but I'm in Idaho.
    Just remember...potatoes have eyes. Lots of eyes. Forewarned is forearmed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Ran my Tenicor Certum with my G19 in day 1 of Citizens Defense Research “Contextual Handgun: The Armed Parent/Guardian”

I’ve tried a variety of holsters and set ups and so far, with the tiny amount of data I gathered today I seem to respond well to the Certum with a large JM wedge at the 12:30 position. Very stable and didn’t move at all. Running the DCC clips and a zero belt.

I’m a late bloomer and just recently started training despite carrying this way for years. After running drills and reholstering I’m a big fan of my SCD and actually started to questions if I’d feel better with a manual safety.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I shouldn't have been surprised at how easily I could carry a 4" Model 28 in a JMCK AIWB holster. Though I ought to see if I can find some knockoff PC Magna's for it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I shouldn't have been surprised at how easily I could carry a 4" Model 28 in a JMCK AIWB holster. Though I ought to see if I can find some knockoff PC Magna's for it.
    I've carried my 4" 686 in one. I imagine your 28 (incredible revolver) would be fine. JMCK AWIB are extremely well made for that role.
    Great combo.

LOL...I still have my JMCK AIWB for a 3" 686+ I sold to my neighbor but I couldn't bring myself to let go of.

I gave him a couple of leather holsters instead, one custom.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Close enough.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List