Page 214 of 221 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It may not make a difference, but I don't like that "void" under the Monoblock clip closest to the wing. May be much ado about nothing...but...nonetheless.

No question it's a good product, but even the maker told me that he created them as a FOMI replacement, and that he doesn't use them himself on his own holsters. (He uses the Mod 4.)

Anyway, it is what it is. They didn't work on my holsters and would have required additional spacers, and swapping out belts as well due to fitment issues.
    Both arms of the Monoblock clip securely under my belt. The tension inward (over void or solid) doesn’t affect retention of the holster.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like the Monoblock. I don’t tuck shirts, so the longer clips offer no advantage.
    Where the monoblock can fit, I fit one. I like the simplicity and top mounted screws better than the standard DCC clips. I just wish the holes were slots so retrofitting them to other holsters would be easier.

After quite a bit of trial and error, I've concluded that while the monoblock works better than any other single clip I've tried, it doesn't provide the same level of concealment and stability as dual DCC clips set wide on a JMCK wing claw 2.0. I can conceal a P30 pretty comfortably with the 2.0 and dual DCC clips. It takes a little more effort to get on and off but when it's on it stays put and stays concealed. I have the monoblock on a couple of other holsters and while I appreciate the simplicity and ease of use it just doesn't tuck the gun in as tightly and allows the holster to squirm around a bit. For reference, I'm 5-11, 210, large frame but soft around the middle, relatively short legs and long torso.

I mimic @Clusterfrack and roll with the Monoblock

Name:  IMG_0644 (1).jpg
Views: 793
Size:  36.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    After quite a bit of trial and error, I've concluded that while the monoblock works better than any other single clip I've tried, it doesn't provide the same level of concealment and stability as dual DCC clips set wide.
    I have one holster with a Monobloc and agree with your findings. The other thing is that the Monobloc, like a single clip, won't allow me to position the holster over a belt loop.

My JM AIWB holsters came in for my P30 and G19.
    I sized up for both for the holsters themselves opting for the P30L and G17 length.

The finest holsters I’ve owned. I used to work for a kydex holster manufacturer years ago (and still love their stuff) but the JM is really working well with my body type. The built in “claw/block” tucks the grip nicely. Very comfortable and I love the craftsmanship. Seems to have really helped my AIWB concealment issues.

Also got in the Blue Alpha Gear Minimalist belt. Seems I was a little too generous with myself when it came to the size. Forgetting my pants probably stretch a good bit. Still fits but snug. However I’m on a downward trend weight loss wise so look forward to it fitting better.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Which models are these?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Which models are these?
    I selected the “quick ship” option (Code: Q-AIWB) and the exact model was unspecified.

Though I believe they are the “George” model based on looking at the custom options.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    I sized up for both for the holsters themselves opting for the P30L and G17 length.

The finest holsters I’ve owned. I used to work for a kydex holster manufacturer years ago (and still love their stuff) but the JM is really working well with my body type. The built in “claw/block” tucks the grip nicely. Very comfortable and I love the craftsmanship. Seems to have really helped my AIWB concealment issues.

Also got in the Blue Alpha Gear Minimalist belt. Seems I was a little too generous with myself when it came to the size. Forgetting my pants probably stretch a good bit. Still fits but snug. However I’m on a downward trend weight loss wise so look forward to it fitting better.
    AWESOME! Happy the holsters are working for you! Thanks for the business!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Banned
    Keepers Concealment makes the best, most comfortable AIWB holsters and it isn’t even close.

User Tag List