Page 210 of 221 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Site Supporter
    Shirts the next size up and left untucked have allowed me to conceal medium to large handguns with ease. However, though I don't dress like a bum, I'm not wearing professional attire. Pants with a larger waist and an iwb holster is necessary. Fisherman shirts do nicely. Suspenders help too. I've noticed that using a holster longer than the pistol works well. An example is carrying a Glock 26 in a Glock 19 or 17 holster. Our colleague Tony gave me this idea-- by reading his opinions. I have a large frame and over 6 feet height but think that the idea holds for most of us.

I would like to get Clusterfrack in a dice game using my dice. I want his knife😁.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yep. My favorite fixed blade.
    That dude makes fantastic knives! Love em!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Question for those who carry AIWB with a 34. Do you do so with a 34 length holster or an opened muzzle holster, like the Phlster pro series or Tenicor certum?

I've been wanting to try a tenicor certum but it doesn't come in 34 length, only 17. I'm thinking a hot muzzle might not be the most comfortable feeling when it touches your body. I understand the tenicor has a good return policy but I figure I can ask this question first before ordering.

Maybe I just go with a velo, JMCK, or dark star gear instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Question for those who carry AIWB with a 34. Do you do so with a 34 length holster or an opened muzzle holster, like the Phlster pro series or Tenicor certum?

I've been wanting to try a tenicor certum but it doesn't come in 34 length, only 17. I'm thinking a hot muzzle might not be the most comfortable feeling when it touches your body. I understand the tenicor has a good return policy but I figure I can ask this question first before ordering.

Do yourself a favor and go with JMCK, Dark Star Gear, or Keepers.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

If you add a muzzle pad of some sort, or some other means to manipulate the muzzle outward from the pelvis, the length begins to mean less and the muzzle isn't ever really felt.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    If you add a muzzle pad of some sort, or some other means to manipulate the muzzle outward from the pelvis, the length begins to mean less and the muzzle isn't ever really felt.
    I usually don't use a wedge. If I do it's just a small one to add some padding, but I don't think it's enough to really push the muzzle away

I’ve been using a 34 length Velo for my comped G45. I admit to having been really skeptical about the molded-in body contour/wedge being uncomfortable but once I started wearing it I don’t even notice it. For me it’s more comfortable than an adding a padded wedge. My only negatives are I wish the belt bump for grip rotation was a bit bigger or adjustable like the Certum and that in using the DCC clips one clip’s mounting is relative to retention so it’s an interesting balancing act.

Like you, I wish there was a 34 length Certum.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’ve been using a 34 length Velo for my comped G45. I admit to having been really skeptical about the molded-in body contour/wedge being uncomfortable but once I started wearing it I don’t even notice it. For me it’s more comfortable than an adding a padded wedge. My only negatives are I wish the belt bump for grip rotation was a bit bigger or adjustable like the Certum and that in using the DCC clips one clip’s mounting is relative to retention so it’s an interesting balancing act.

Like you, I wish there was a 34 length Certum.
    I'll also be using it with a comped 45 and eventually 19 when I get a frame. That's a good point about the bump. I've only used the ones that come with JMCK holsters and I always use the bigger of the two bumps that attach to it. I'll probably have the same complaint with the velo then

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yep. My favorite fixed blade.
    Hey @Clusterfrack how are you carrying this? I can’t spot what attachment you are using.

Until I can get a proper holster (it'll be a dark star gear Orion) I will use my current 17 length holster. I warmed the muzzle end with a candle to fit the comp through the end. Going to add a small wedge from a yoga block to push the muzzle away
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List