Page 67 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Here is two more stupid questions so please bear with me.

Do you guys have the buckle on your belt off to the side? I was browsing another thread on here and it seems like some guys were doing that, with regular style belts and instructor belts.

Second, gun sort of digs into my stomach when I sit. Dead center at 12 it digs into my stomach but not my leg. Both loops to the left of the belt loop on my pants. If I have the loops straddling the belt loop, it digs into my thigh....Thoughts?

I feel as though it's a trade off and either my thigh or stomach will bear the brunt of this...

Volund Gearworks Atlas belt has the buckle at 2:30 for me, right handed. My leather belt, Tanner Goods, has the buckle as close to the 11:00 belt loop as I can get it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Has anyone added some kind of padding to the holster? It's really digging into the crease between my leg and groin.

Other than that, its just awkward adjusting to it's new position.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoose View Post
    Has anyone added some kind of padding to the holster? It's really digging into the crease between my leg and groin.

What holster are you using?

EDIT: nevermind, went back a page and read.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

I haven't felt the need to do that. Just offhand, I'd say that perhaps your placement isn't bang on yet. Part of learning to carry AIWB is getting used to the feel of it. The other part is finding your sweet spot. It took me a couple of weeks to finally get the proper place on my belt line sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Pants that "fit" are better for me as well. Took some getting used to but they feel better and are much nicer.
    I've also found that, at least for me, pants/jeans that are meant to ride lower on the hips work better for AIWB than pants with a higher waist.

I take it that you have the PIC....? Last I looked, they were still offering to make folks the Pardus AIWB, but were gonna phase that out; don't remember what that timeline was.

RE: the PIC

Yes, but the padding was to lever the grip more in the vertical plane, toward my body. Providing padding was a second-hand effect, not the intent, but it certainly does that.

I also re-drilled the holes for that wing that mounts the belt loops, one each on the wing and on the holster body. Changed where the wing attaches to the holster, so that the top of the mouth of the holster was even with the top of the wing. This raised the entire thing and allowed me to get a complete grip of the draw more readily. I did this first, which raised the entire gun about 3/8", which in turn made the butt want to come away from my gut, so I went to futzing with velcro and adhesives for the padding mod.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    I take it that you have the PIC....? Last I looked, they were still offering to make folks the Pardus AIWB, but were gonna phase that out; don't remember what that timeline was.

RE: the PIC

Yes, but the padding was to lever the grip more in the vertical plane, toward my body. Providing padding was a second-hand effect, not the intent, but it certainly does that.

I also re-drilled the holes for that wing that mounts the belt loops, one each on the wing and on the holster body. Changed where the wing attaches to the holster, so that the top of the mouth of the holster was even with the top of the wing. This raised the entire thing and allowed me to get a complete grip of the draw more readily. I did this first, which raised the entire gun about 3/8", which in turn made the butt want to come away from my gut, so I went to futzing with velcro and adhesives for the padding mod.

Thanks for that information. I'm not sure that will help. I ordered new pants to see if that would help. However, over the last week I've become more comfortable with it. Its now only REALLY bothersome after a long period of sitting down or bending over to tie my shoe..

edit: nevermind, found the other thread.
    Last edited by EMC; 01-05-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    I got my shaggy a few days ago. I have some work to do... I think I'm a little to well insulated in my mid-section right now. I have found that wearing my belt a little looser makes it better for sitting and bending but there is NO WAY I can tie my shoes with my G19 or G17. Lastly I print pretty bad, I walked into the room and my girlfriend laughed...

Help

Hey yall. What is the consensus on which kydex AIWB holster is pretty low riding?

I'm looking for something like the Desbian #4 that rides pretty low, but preferably in kydex. (some sort of pull snap or quick release preferred)

Everything ive seen seems to ride higher than I would like.

-thanks fellas!

User Tag List