Page 66 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

It all arrived today. Holster and mag carrier.

Initial review:
    Mag carrier - Awesome. Holds the magazine tight to the body. Nothing to compare it to except my Fobus one I use for IPSC.

Holster- Uncomfortable. But I've never carried AIWB so I need to play with it. Not blaming that on the holster. FWIW I'm 5'11" and 170 lbs...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoose View Post
    It all arrived today. Holster and mag carrier.

Initial review:
    Mag carrier - Awesome. Holds the magazine tight to the body. Nothing to compare it to except my Fobus one I use for IPSC.

Holster- Uncomfortable. But I've never carried AIWB so I need to play with it. Not blaming that on the holster. FWIW I'm 5'11" and 170 lbs...
    It can take some time to work into AIWB. Wear it for a few hours a day, and switch to another mode when it gets uncomfortable. If you get a little tender, take a day or two off.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    It can take some time to work into AIWB. Wear it for a few hours a day, and switch to another mode when it gets uncomfortable. If you get a little tender, take a day or two off.
    Excellent advice, I would also add: the ride height of your pants are also a consideration in comfort.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Excellent advice, I would also add: the ride height of your pants are also a consideration in comfort.

Can you break that down, i.e., get anymore specific?

Also a general question to all, IWB mag pouch, any recommendations on position. Been running 1130 seems to compliment the pistol.

Cheers,
    Cookie Monster

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    What do you guys suggest? I had been carrying a MTAC around 3:30.

This was digging into the area between my thigh and groin today. That's where it hurt the most. A bit on my belly but not that bad. I put an undershirt on because the grip on my P30 was bugging me. I'll slowly ease out of the undershirt. Only complaint about the mag carrier is the corner of the mag dug into me after a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Can you break that down, i.e., get anymore specific?

Also a general question to all, IWB mag pouch, any recommendations on position. Been running 1130 seems to compliment the pistol.

Cheers,
    Cookie Monster
    Different pants ride at different heights, and comfort changes with that. I have some jeans that ride a bit low and are not very comfortable with AIWB. I prefer pants that ride a few inches above my hip bones (top of the pant).

Try it with different pants and see if certain brands are more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Different pants ride at different heights, and comfort changes with that. I have some jeans that ride a bit low and are not very comfortable with AIWB. I prefer pants that ride a few inches above my hip bones (top of the pant).

Try it with different pants and see if certain brands are more comfortable.
    Any recommendations for brands? Its hard to find pants that ride at the hips but I've found a pair. Any suggestions on belt and placement of the holster?

I currently have a Comptac 1.5" belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoose View Post
    Any recommendations for brands? Its hard to find pants that ride at the hips but I've found a pair. Any suggestions on belt and placement of the holster?

I currently have a Comptac 1.5" belt.
    Best pair of pants for AIWB, for me, have been either Carhartt or 7forallmankind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Best pair of pants for AIWB, for me, have been either Carhartt or 7forallmankind.
    Mountain Khaki Teton Twill pant. Not the Boardwalk style. I generally like "high rise" pants. Low rise/hip hiphuggers are very uncomfortable for me with appendix.

Pants that "fit" are better for me as well. Took some getting used to but they feel better and are much nicer.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List