Page 65 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    +1 Lord knows, I carried a USP45c in a crossbreed for over a year. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. I thought it was the cat's silk pajamas - until I actually started trying to become competent with it. I realized it was a POS and I never looked back. But it set the bar for carry comfort, and I've spent untold hundreds looking for a holster/carry method that doesn't suck while also being as comfortable as that xbreed was...
    I must be in the minority then... I did not find my hybrid holster (Galco King Tuk) comfortable at all. The only plus I found to it was that it did allow me to get the grip positioned nicely behind my hip. Unfortunately I would almost have to dislocate my shoulder to get the holster on and many times on the draw the holster would partially pull out (probably because it was new - I didn't keep it in play long enough to break in, I guess).

AIWB has been the only thing that works for me and my physiology. Still searching for the "perfect" holster but I did at least find something workable with the Vanguard 2 to tide me over during the search.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Site Supporter
    Interesting thread I haven't read thru the whole thing.

One thing that is sort of sticking in my mind is how easy is it to draw your pistol from sitting position say if you were driving a car?

Maybe I am picturing how you carry it a bit wrong.

I find it easier to draw and reholster from a seated position either in a vehicle or seated elsewhere.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by dbateman View Post
    One thing that is sort of sticking in my mind is how easy is it to draw your pistol from sitting position say if you were driving a car?
    Very easy and not nearly as noticeable as behind the hip.

Site Supporter
    I ordered a Shaggy and read this thread a second time today. I hope this is the start of a great EDC change. If only someone made a gadget to make holstering my Glock safer. In all seriousness, I plan on carrying in the house with an empty gun for awhile.

Quick note-
    Just received my Shaggy. Ordered 10/02/2012 and arrived yesterday in the mail. What a well built, thought out piece of equipment! My Glock 21 Gen4 disappears under a tee shirt.

Who'd a thought...

Now to practice and drill.

Thanks for this thread. It opened my eyes to other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ROK View Post
    Quick note-
    Just received my Shaggy. Ordered 10/02/2012 and arrived yesterday in the mail. What a well built, thought out piece of equipment! My Glock 21 Gen4 disappears under a tee shirt.

Who'd a thought...

Now to practice and drill.

Thanks for this thread. It opened my eyes to other possibilities.
    They are nice, aren't they?

With the JRC AIWB, Jim sent me a strip of velcro to attach to my belt in order to use the velcro belt fixture. I took a portion of it and slapped it onto the back of my Shaggy instead. So if I'm wearing the Shaggy I use the velcro foam blocks from my JRC, and the Shaggy has really come into its own with that foam block pushing the butt in ever so slightly. Wicked comfortable, and I find myself wearing it more towards 2 O'Clock than ever before where I really can confidently conceal with just a lightweight t-shirt.

I placed an order with Cane and Derby on October 10th and haven't heard a peep from them. I know they said about 6 weeks, no big deal. I wanted to change my payment info. I've called multiple times and nothing...I e-mailed and haven't gotten a reply.

I can respect a small shop and high demand but you won't even let me update how I want to pay you!

I'm just a bit frustrated as I've been looking forward to seeing how I like AIWB and ditching my MTAC....

Thanks to this thread, I got into AIWB with a VG2 for my Glock 17... and now a JM Custom holster for my M&P FS. I'm very much looking forward to some instruction time with this new method, particularly when I can get myself into a SouthNarc ECQC.

Recently bought a PPQ, but due to other threads here... I don't foresee that being an AIWB gun (should it prove itself as a carry weapon).

I sent my e-mail to Cane and Derby on 11/28. I received an e-mail today (12/4) saying when my order was to be shipped and that they were covering the shipping. I'm just going to move they money around to the account I had given them because I don't believe there is any hope in getting that switched before they charge me on Friday.

I hope the wait and lack of communication for the product was worth the slight aggravation.

I'll post pictures and a review upon receipt of my holster and mag carrier which will not be biased towards the communication issue.

User Tag List