Page 167 of 221 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    What non AIWB magazine pouch are you all using for AIWB carry? I carry AIWB most of the time but my magazine pouch is on my 9-10oclock. When I draw from AIWB my shirt's hem gets caught on the bottom of the mag pouch. I have a blue force gear and a JMCK pouch. I was thinking of trying the new Raven concealment carrier because it has that slanted cut out at the front and looks like the shirt won't get stuck with that.

Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions? Here's an exaggerated pic of my pulling my shirt up and how my shirt gets caught on the mag pouch. It happens more often with the BFG ten speed probably due to the gripped material on the bottom.

What usually happens is the pouch restricts the ROM I can pull my shirt up, or after I draw and go for a reload the shirt hem is still caught on the pouch and I have to yank the hem off and then clear my shirt for the reload

Pic with the JMCK mag pouch- https://imgur.com/a/N3EkF

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    The CCC BMC works great. The same shirts that get caught on my previous mag pouches don't get caught with the CCC carrier.

Quick pic showing how close it sits and how there's no room for my shirt to slide under it. https://imgur.com/a/43rS7

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I doubt any reliable stats are known but maybe Im wrong and someone can shed some light on a question I have. Im doing reserach for a paper and my question is this:

Of the people who actually conceal carry on a regular basis, what percent of them carries appendix as their primary method of carry? For law enforcement and military personel this question only applies to them when off duty.

Again, I realize there are probably no good stats available but I figure I would ask.

For a more minute set of stats, start a new thread with a poll, and an explanation of the poll.
    It'll at least give you a glimpse of the population here.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    I believe voodooman did an in depth poling on this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I doubt any reliable stats are known but maybe Im wrong and someone can shed some light on a question I have. Im doing reserach for a paper and my question is this:

Of the people who actually conceal carry on a regular basis, what percent of them carries appendix as their primary method of carry? For law enforcement and military personel this question only applies to them when off duty.

Again, I realize there are probably no good stats available but I figure I would ask.
    I believe you would get varying total results on different internet forums. Some forums are not very AIWB-friendly, while at least one can be quite unfriendly to anyone who does not embrace AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I believe you would get varying total results on different internet forums. Some forums are not very AIWB-friendly, while at least one can be quite unfriendly to anyone who does not embrace AIWB.
    I;m not sure forums are a good representation of the average concealed carry anyways. Usually the ones who seek out and post on gun forums are a bit more serious about it and are more likley to carry appendix.

Sponge placement:

Short version: Try placing it low (minimally entirely below the belt) and sideways, with the fat part of the sponge hanging off the side and towards the midline. I find it helps rotate the grip towards the body, without a claw, and is also comfortable.

Long version: I have a Universal from JMCK that I got to try out appendix carry. It convinced me I like appendix carry, but I couldn't find a nice balance of comfort and concealment. When the sponge was lined up with the velcro on the holster the top of the sponge was riding behind the belt, pushing the front of the clip into my shirt. Comfort was 'ok'. When I lowered the sponge 1/2" below the holster the concealment was better w.r.t. the clip, but the grip was more obvious. The 'fat' end was below the holster however, and was uncomfortable when sitting, so I was going to cut it off. Before I did though I started lurking on the "JMCK AIWB with claw" thread to see if that holster would be a better option than the universal. On that thread Tony mentioned that there are no limits to how you can position the sponge, including sideways. That gave me the idea to turn the sponge 90 degrees, with the fat part towards the middle of the body (I wear at ~1 oclock). The skinny part of the sponge is attached to the lowest portion of the Velcro, below the belt. That is what I've been doing for the last couple of months, and it is much more comfortable (for me) and the grip seems to rotate in towards the body more.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

I hate when you realize that the solution to an issue is right in front of your face. I'm trying this sponge rotation when I get home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash41984 View Post
    I hate when you realize that the solution to an issue is right in front of your face. I'm trying this sponge rotation when I get home tonight.
    Cool. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts after you try it.

Just an update on my AIWB experiment. I bought a used JMCK AIWB holster for a Glock 19 from Bobloblaw(great sale experience and fast shipping) Since I received the holster and sponge wedge I have been wearing it around the house with unloaded Glock 23 doing draws,reholsters and dryfire. Most of the time I run with a T shirt for cover garment but some times I run un concealed. I also have been wearing the holster out for my daily 3 mile walks and to a few outings in public(Obviously loaded)

So far it is not working out all that well. I can find a location where the gun is decently concealed but then it is uncomfortable and definitely not well placed for full access to the grip. If I place it where I have full access to the grip and less comfortable but pass-able it prints like mad and when I walk the holster moves causing it to stay with the gun during some draws as the clip doesn't hold the belt. This obviously could be fixed with loops snapped to the belt instead of clip.

I have tried the sponge wedge in different location from all the way up to well off the bottom of the holster. I tried with my belt snug to loose with loose being better. If I wear it at 12 O clock perfectly vertical it prints heavily and is not comfortable. When I move it more toward 1-1:30 and/or angle the grip downward slightly it prints less and is less uncomfortable but still prints quite a bit and comes off the belt during draws. It also is not full access to the grip being blocked by the belt on the bottom and me on the top inner edge.

I can see the benefit if not need for a claw type attachment to help hold the grip in closer to the body. A longer holster as some suggested along with a wedge or larger wedge would help with concealment but likely will hurt grip access even more. I also have been having lower back pain which since I switched back to my usual IWB at 3:30 carry has subsided. I haven't given up trying AIWB but i will need a different holster. I think I will try a skeleton style holster that only covers the trigger guard and try and find what location works for comfort and access. Once i find the location I will try another holster with a claw and wedge.

User Tag List