Page 202 of 221 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

You could, but at some point we need to accept that this stuff is plastic used near the limit and has a finite life.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Anybody with a winged holster had one develop a crack? Just noticed this on mine today. Looks like the pressure of the wing claw against the holster body caused a stress crack. Doesn't seem to have had any effect on overall functionality so I'm not fretting over it.

Attachment 67106
    Attachment 67107
    Attachment 67108
    This inspired me to go look at my holster, since I also run a DCC clip very close (i.e. with small or no spacers) to the base of a Modwing, on what I think is the same holster (JMCK WC 2.0), and also use the larger Modwing block. Mine is definitely bending in a way similar to how yours broke. It's relatively new, so we'll see if it continues to bend and not break.

A couple potential differences that may be helping me and could help others:

1) I only have the one retention screw running all the way through to the back of the holster, with the second one just attaching to the front to keep the clip and Modwing in place - it looks like this is allowing the kydex below the retention screw to flex sympathetically to the strain that's being put on the upper part, perhaps allowing it to continue bending instead of breaking.

2) I don't know whether you are or not, but I'm not running a DCC on the other side. I find that the single DCC, close to the Modwing and with a large block, grabs on to the belt well enough to sufficiently prevent rotation for me, so that it moves just enough but not too much. This may make for fewer points of tension, I don't know.

Again, we'll see what happens.

Name:  Holster Wear.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  37.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    This inspired me to go look at my holster, since I also run a DCC clip very close (i.e. with small or no spacers) to the base of a Modwing, on what I think is the same holster (JMCK WC 2.0), and also use the larger Modwing block. Mine is definitely bending in a way similar to how yours broke. It's relatively new, so we'll see if it continues to bend and not break.

A couple potential differences that may be helping me and could help others:

1) I only have the one retention screw running all the way through to the back of the holster, with the second one just attaching to the front to keep the clip and Modwing in place - it looks like this is allowing the kydex below the retention screw to flex sympathetically to the strain that's being put on the upper part, perhaps allowing it to continue bending instead of breaking.

2) I don't know whether you are or not, but I'm not running a DCC on the other side. I find that the single DCC, close to the Modwing and with a large block, grabs on to the belt well enough to sufficiently prevent rotation for me, so that it moves just enough but not too much. This may make for fewer points of tension, I don't know.

Again, we'll see what happens.

Name:  Holster Wear.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  37.7 KB
    That is one of the reasons we stopped doing a single retention screw with the second screw clamping the loop down to the kydex almost right after we came out with Wing Claw designs, it will fail. That is one reason we don't offer the cheapest holster out there because when it does crack (they will all break eventually, the claw designs probably faster than most) all that you need to do is email me a pic and new shell is on the way!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    That is one of the reasons we stopped doing a single retention screw with the second screw clamping the loop down to the kydex almost right after we came out with Wing Claw designs, it will fail. That is one reason we don't offer the cheapest holster out there because when it does crack (they will all break eventually, the claw designs probably faster than most) all that you need to do is email me a pic and new shell is on the way!
    You can't ask for better than that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

This has probably been posted before, but does anyone have a JMCK AWIB 2.5 with wide spacing PTD's that is cut for an RMR, that'd be willing to post pictures?

I'm debating on full or mid guard ( I really prefer a full guard, it gets hot here in the summer, and sweat on guns sucks), and trying to see where the mounting holes line up compared to the standard non-RMR'd 2.5 w/ PTD's that I already have, ride height wise. It looks like to clear the RDS cut, the holes would have to shift a smidge lower, making the top/front/slide side of the holster ride a little higher, and maybe giving a slightly more reverse cant to the gun, assuming the opposite side mounting holes stay the same. Big assumptions there on my part. I know everyone likes the metal clips, but I really prefer PTD's...

I'm happy with my two holsters I've had from JMCK so far... seeing the customer service he offers just helps seal the deal on ordering new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    This has probably been posted before, but does anyone have a JMCK AWIB 2.5 with wide spacing PTD's that is cut for an RMR, that'd be willing to post pictures?

I'm debating on full or mid guard ( I really prefer a full guard, it gets hot here in the summer, and sweat on guns sucks), and trying to see where the mounting holes line up compared to the standard non-RMR'd 2.5 w/ PTD's that I already have, ride height wise. It looks like to clear the RDS cut, the holes would have to shift a smidge lower, making the top/front/slide side of the holster ride a little higher, and maybe giving a slightly more reverse cant to the gun, assuming the opposite side mounting holes stay the same. Big assumptions there on my part. I know everyone likes the metal clips, but I really prefer PTD's...

I'm happy with my two holsters I've had from JMCK so far... seeing the customer service he offers just helps seal the deal on ordering new stuff.
    I don’t think they can do the wide spacing with an optic cut.

Shoot them an email or call them though, they’ll get you taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I don’t think they can do the wide spacing with an optic cut.

Shoot them an email or call them though, they’ll get you taken care of.
    There is a note on the AIWB 2.0 page that says wide spaced PDT's are not compatible with the RDS cut, but the same note does not appear on the 2.5 page... Though, I do wonder, based on how much kydex has to be cut away to clear the optic. I'm not in a huge hurry, and I know they are getting ready to, or are in the process of moving to TX currently, so I hate to bother him. I may have to try something new, spacing wise, if this is the case.

the wide hole pattern (with the loop in the sight channel) doesn't work for a red dot sighted pistol as the red dot takes up the space where the loop would be. The normal hole pattern does have 3 sets of holes, one set is an inch on center and then there is a wider set as well which is what we use for the red dot cut in conjunction with the wide hole pattern. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

There is a note on the AIWB 2.0 page that says wide spaced PDT's are not compatible with the RDS cut, but the same note does not appear on the 2.5 page... Though, I do wonder, based on how much kydex has to be cut away to clear the optic. I'm not in a huge hurry, and I know they are getting ready to, or are in the process of moving to TX currently, so I hate to bother him. I may have to try something new, spacing wise, if this is the case.
    No bother at all. The reason we don't say that the red dot is not compatible in the wide hole pattern in the wing claw 2.0 is because that uses the struts with pull the dot loops and the 2.0 only has blocking for strut style loops with one attached to the claw and the other attached in the sight channel. The 2.5 doesn't use strut style loops so the there is a wide hole pattern available with a red dot cut, but both loops attach on the front face of the holster when the red dot is chosen ( I replied to your first question about the wide hole pattern for the 2.5 with a red dot cut). Clear as mud ?? :0)
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    No bother at all. [Snip] Clear as mud ?? :0)
    Yes, I think so. And thank you for taking time to chime in.

Let's see if I've understood: PTDs are available in a wide pattern on the 2.5 with an optic cut, but the slide side loop won't be mounted to the sight channel, but rather to the front face of the holster via slightly wider blocking and holes on the face of the holster.

I think this would suffice for my needs. I really like the 2.5 I already have, so hopefully the RDS cut model will be (almost) the same. I'll be ordering one soon.

User Tag List