Page 136 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I can't see a real reason not to get one. It's a rather safe option for aiwb. I do feel that once someone has an idea of what they want there might be a better choice but you'll not be disappointed with the Eidolon.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    I figure worst case scenario I take off all the parts and have a vanguard 2. I already have a full time holster for my 19. But I need one for the 26 that can serve as a spare for the 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by cosine View Post
    So I tried for months to get AIWB to work for me. Different holsters, wedges, Dr. Scholl's, tweaking position, angle, etc. Nothing worked. Always got a pressure point on the groin I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes. Finally got it to work really well... by including a spare mag weak side appendix. That was the tweak that worked for me. Without the spare mag weak side AIWB it didn't work. With the spare mag weak side AIWB it works really, really well. I can bend, twist, kneel, bring my knees to my chest, full range of normal motion. Maybe it's self-evident to most, but it was a real revelation to me and could have saved me a lot of experimenting with various holsters.

I find it funny that the solution for me was a spare mag because I had done all my previous AIWB trials with Glock 17 length holsters, and was just about to start experimenting with Glock 19 length holsters in the hope that the shorter length would relieve the pressure point. On a whim I decided to try adding a weak side AIWB magazine since mag carriers are cheaper, and it was an instant success.
    What belt are you using? The inclusion of the AIWB mag pouch tells me that relieving the force on the front of the gun may be helping which makes me wonder...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I had tried a Wilderness instructors belt, Aegis belt, Daltech leather belt, and department store leather belt. None worked. With the mag pouch I can carry AIWB with any belt.

So I tried for months to get AIWB to work for me. Different holsters, wedges, Dr. Scholl's, tweaking position, angle, etc. Nothing worked. Always got a pressure point on the groin I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes. Finally got it to work really well... by including a spare mag weak side appendix. That was the tweak that worked for me. Without the spare mag weak side AIWB it didn't work. With the spare mag weak side AIWB it works really, really well. I can bend, twist, kneel, bring my knees to my chest, full range of normal motion. Maybe it's self-evident to most, but it was a real revelation to me and could have saved me a lot of experimenting with various holsters.

I find it funny that the solution for me was a spare mag because I had done all my previous AIWB trials with Glock 17 length holsters, and was just about to start experimenting with Glock 19 length holsters in the hope that the shorter length would relieve the pressure point. On a whim I decided to try adding a weak side AIWB magazine since mag carriers are cheaper, and it was an instant success.
    Interesting...

What AIWB mag pouch are you using?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What belt are you using? The inclusion of the AIWB mag pouch tells me that relieving the force on the front of the gun may be helping which makes me wonder...
    I can still carry AIWB without an extra mag but it does feel much more comfortable have the extra mag on. I definitely noticed a difference in comfort Saturday when I received my JMCK apendix mag carrier after carrying my 43 without the extra mag for 3 weeks. Belt is a VWG cobra buckle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Interesting...

What AIWB mag pouch are you using?
    JMCK's angled AIWB mag pouch.

JMCK's angled AIWB mag pouch.
    Yes

While I do not experience pain or discomfort when carrying AIWB in general, I, too, have noticed greater overall carrying comfort and balance when I include my JMCK angled AIWB Single Pistol Mag Pouch.

I really want to give the JMCK claw/wing holster a try with my G19. Saving my pennies. Guess I'll need to save a few more to get a AIWB SPMP.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I really want to give the JMCK claw/wing holster a try with my G19. Saving my pennies. Guess I'll need to save a few more to get a AIWB SPMP.
    Irelander, just an FYI, i have the G17 and 19 wing claw's and 17 and 19 aiwb mag pouches as quick ship items up on the website now (all pending orders for the G17 or G19 wing claws and G17 or G19 aiwb mag pouches with clips will be going out this week)
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List