Page 162 of 221 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I put my FF buckle at about 2-2:30. There's a sweet spot for me where it isn't over my pocket (obstructing access), but if I push it towards 3:00 it rides on my hipbone uncomfortably after a while. With the buckle at 10, does the tail of the belt point towards your back or centerline?
    I actually switch it up depending on the mag carrier and knife combo I am wearing at the time.

Currently running the JRC wing carrier and a clinch pick with a metal clip. That setup works best with the tail running over the hip towards the back. If I use a clip on kydex carrier I like to run the tail over it for added security.

I think we have the same issue with point of the hip as far as the buckle goes. Just the little double up area on my Volund Ghook belt will drive me nuts if it is over my hip point!

After I acquire a Ryker ankle med pack, next piece of kit on my list is a couple of the Mastermind Tactics EDC belts.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I actually switch it up depending on the mag carrier and knife combo I am wearing at the time.

Currently running the JRC wing carrier and a clinch pick with a metal clip. That setup works best with the tail running over the hip towards the back. If I use a clip on kydex carrier I like to run the tail over it for added security.

I think we have the same issue with point of the hip as far as the buckle goes. Just the little double up area on my Volund Ghook belt will drive me nuts if it is over my hip point!

After I acquire a Ryker ankle med pack, next piece of kit on my list is a couple of the Mastermind Tactics EDC belts.
    I have a couple and they've proven excellent so far with JMCK and DSG holsters carrying G19 and 26 as the occasion warrants.

I recommend getting the keeper for the extra buck and a half. It helps mitigate any issues with a belt loop which might otherwise only allow an inch or so of velcro connection. Haven't had any issues without the keeper but it's nice having that little bit of insurance and it adds no bulk or printing.
    Last edited by blues; 01-05-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I am considering appendix carry and have a question ..... is a hammer fired DA/SA considered to be safer than a striker fired, or does it really matter if one is following safe holstering techniques? Why?

Thanks
    Last edited by jmadren; 01-06-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmadren View Post
    I am considering appendix carry and have a question ..... is a hammer fired DA/SA considered to be safer than a striker fired, or does it really if one is following safe holstering techniques? Why?

Thanks
    I'm a complete noob, but 'for me' a hammer fired (or Gadget-Glock) allows me to ride the hammer with my thumb into the holster.

I've started to insert a hard break, just at the point the muzzle arrives outside the holster top, and watch the gun into the holster checking for obstructions.

I am considering appendix carry and have a question ..... is a hammer fired DA/SA considered to be safer than a striker fired, or does it really matter if one is following safe holstering techniques? Why?

Thanks
    A lot of discussion about hammer vs striker aiwb on the forum. You can look around a bit and easily find it. (I am too dumb to link)

I carry a Glock 17 aiwb myself.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 01-06-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks
    It's mechanically intrinsically more safe to have a DA/SA or an LEM trigger or Single Action with external safety (1911) than the Striker-Fired trigger of, say, an HK VP9 or Glock. This should be obvious.

The shooter and his equipment (holster) will determine whether or not this type of carry is "dangerous" or "safe". Some will be safer than others.

Strive to be safe and recognize that firearms are, by default, potentially dangerous. That's why you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    A lot of discussion about hammer vs striker aiwb on the forum. You can look around a bit and easily find it. (I am too dumb to link)

I carry a Glock 17 aiwb myself.
    Given your choice of footwear nobody's gonna notice the gun.
    Last edited by blues; 01-06-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Given your choice of footwear nobody's gonna notice the gun.
    They keep me from falling over.

Thanks
    No, it doesn't matter if one is following safe holstering and draw techniques. It is a matter of additional safety margins and safety redundancies, value of which is an individual decision. My analogy is four firearms safety rules. Don't really need four, do we? "Don't shoot shit that needs no shooting" should be sufficient. Yet, we accept and use four, as an overlapping redundancy, hoping that this will further decrease a likelihood of someone getting shot.

Here's a visual example of this extra margin that I pointed out in another thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjhIftpKS8A&sns=em

Post #17 by GJM in Gabe's class announcement, second video is one of me shooting a last standard test in Gabe's class. Good example of how NOT to reholster in AIWB. I am clearly not in a hard break mode and I am not looking in the holster. However, I am sure as hell pressing down on that hammer on my LEM gun making paying a high price for the above error a lot less likely. Just an example how redundancies help in acute cases of stupidity.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-06-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

What non AIWB magazine pouch are you all using for AIWB carry? I carry AIWB most of the time but my magazine pouch is on my 9-10oclock. When I draw from AIWB my shirt's hem gets caught on the bottom of the mag pouch. I have a blue force gear and a JMCK pouch. I was thinking of trying the new Raven concealment carrier because it has that slanted cut out at the front and looks like the shirt won't get stuck with that.

Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions? Here's an exaggerated pic of my pulling my shirt up and how my shirt gets caught on the mag pouch. It happens more often with the BFG ten speed probably due to the gripped material on the bottom.

What usually happens is the pouch restricts the ROM I can pull my shirt up, or after I draw and go for a reload the shirt hem is still caught on the pouch and I have to yank the hem off and then clear my shirt for the reload

Pic with the JMCK mag pouch- https://imgur.com/a/N3EkF

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 01-31-2017 at 07:19 AM.

User Tag List