Page 103 of 221 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Okay prove it, ship my new holster so I can see how awesome it is......
    Believe me, I'm working towards it! Sometimes it seems like I take two steps back for every step ahead.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Ended up going with the JM AIWB and a DeSantis Belly band. I haven't picked out a new belt yet. I ended up calling JM and they were very helpful identifying what would work for me, now I just have to play the waiting game to see whether it will work for me.

greetings...

setting it up for you... so i have been carrying appendix since i scored my first colt 45 years ago... used a soft leather galco iwb holster with thumb break back then... those were the days... have used several soft leather iwb holsters over the years... butts like most... i was always in search of the holy grail aiwb holster... i dont have a holster drawer... i gotts a holster gunny sack the size of a hay bale...

a couple years ago i scored a couple lobo leather offset clip purpose built aiwb holsters... the first one was for my browning 1911-22 chambered in 22lr... its my dog equalizer for my early morning mile walk to my work vehicle parked in a lot down the road in the rural midwest...

that lobo was perfect... so i ordered my second lobo for my sig 4' 1911 c3 chambered in 45acp... it was not perfect... the leather and the grip were too close and i couldnt get my fingers through and get a combat handle on it...

the browning 1911-22 lobo aiwb... the sig 1911-c3 aiwb looks similar...

both the browing 22 and the sig 45 holsters were trial runs for my full size colt government model chambered in 45acp... i asked lobo to alter the existing sig holster and make a colt 45 holster so i could get my fingers in there and get a combat handle... he declined...

so i spend another year looking at aiwb holsters on the internet and decided to give another leather maker a go as well as give my first kydex maker a go...

my first kydex... the jm custom kydex aiwb with extra tuck showed up 2 weeks ago... i have been wearing it with a proper thick leather gun belt and a proper 5 stitch web gun belt... although i stated leather belt when i ordered it... it works well with both belts...

im here to report today that this jm custom kydex awib is 100% pro... i have been wearing it at 12:30... thats its sweet spot... slide and hammer coverage is good... retention is good... and the muzzle wrap is genius... can wear it for hours a day without discomfort.. its yeeeeehaaaaaa... standing sitting high seat low seat car seat laying on the couch climbing stairs walking... all yeeehaaaaa...

i asked my gf to take 3 photos of me... she had no idea i was packing... she never does... proper belt and proper aiwv holster and fishing shirts is all this big man needs to be successful...

there you go... next up will be the new leather aiwb which has been on order since march...

j o
    Last edited by owrstrich; 06-08-2015 at 03:07 PM.

My JM aiwb holster will need modification to accept a threaded barrel on my G19....dang.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

My JM aiwb holster will need modification to accept a threaded barrel on my G19....dang.
    voodoo, send it back to the Greg st address and I can relieve it for the threaded barrel. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    voodoo, send it back to the Greg st address and I can relieve it for the threaded barrel. Thanks
    Appreciate it, I am pretty handy with a dremel though
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Or if you mentioned it on the order and I missed it, let me know and I will send you label

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Or if you mentioned it on the order and I missed it, let me know and I will send you label

Thanks
    Had this holster for well over two years...
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Had this holster for well over two years...
    Ok, thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

What belt is everybody using for appendix. Stuff gun belt or something flexible?

User Tag List