Page 195 of 221 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Maybe I am wearing my belt too darn tight. That looks pretty loosey goosey.
    I think it depends on the thickness of the holster, personally. I like my belt a little tighter, so right now the Velo is working best for me. I don’t like the grip angle to shift around as I move or look “flabby/saggy” in the front, as it wouldn’t match the rest of my body.

Name:  3910B0CF-491A-45DA-ABC8-9896078B927F.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  53.3 KB
    Last edited by GAP; 06-01-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    To continue with the theme of trying out various pads, what works great for me is a chunk off a kneeling pad for gardening - fairly dense closed cell foam. Works great. Just did a three day road trip with a G34 length JMCK 2.0 holster with this pad. 28 hours in the car, no prob. The wedge that came with the JMCK made that same holster uncomfortable for even a little while.
    JMCK used to supply closed cell foam and now its open cell.

I prefer the more dense closed foam.

I need to call him and ask where can I find some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post

Mjolnir, we haven't changed our neoprene sponge sense we started doing wedges with it, FYI.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Mjolnir, we haven't changed our neoprene sponge sense we started doing wedges with it, FYI.

Thanks
    Really?

I have a foam wedge that I put on one of your holsters that I got from somewhere and I love that thing. I need to track the source.

Dang!

I was hoping you did change and could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks, brother.

Really?

I have a foam wedge that I put on one of your holsters that I got from somewhere and I love that thing. I need to track the source.

Dang!

I was hoping you did change and could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks, brother.

might have been Mastermind Tactics, try Graith (same guys)

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

https://darkstargear.com/product/muzzle-pad/

Another new option definitely worth considering. I've used the MMT wedges since they were released but have recently started using these. There are two firmness choices, the normal most similar to what I've been using. Also they have a skin so sweat shouldn't be as much of an issue. Definitely a solid option.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 06-01-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Checked it out, yes that would be very effective in preventing printing on a windy day. But not something I could pull off.

"Patagonia AC cloth" What is this?

As far as what I'm wearing, it's usually a Gustin shirt (that's a referral link, by the way. Non referral: https://www.weargustin.com/store).

In this thread I am wearing this shirt: https://www.weargustin.com/store/kni...ose-faded-grey (the reddish shirt in the middle) so I can conceal well, but on a breezy day it's harder. I've thought about some kind of lightweight waistcoat/vest, but I think that would make me more noticeable and invite more scrutiny. I've never seen anyone here in Idaho wearing a waistcoat that isn't for cold weather.

EDIT:

What are P-F's thoughts about the viability of using a starched seersucker shirt for windy days? I've never starched a shirt before so I'm not 100% sure what it does to the texture, but the pattern and the texture of seersucker might make it pretty decent for anti-printing while still being a lightweight, cool shirt.

I wouldn't ever wear this, but it demonstrates the seersucker texture.

This is more in line with what I'm thinking: https://www.orvis.com/p/gingham-seer...ved-shirt/2pbf
    That would work in the Deep South.

Not sure anywhere else because that outfit will draw a LOT of attention.

PS

I recall seeing a couple of guys in downtown Baton Rouge who used to wear those. It’s a Southern Gentleman Thang.

You'd even see seersucker in NYC during hot, humid times of year. Not the norm, for sure, but not rare either.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

3.5 miles through the hilly topography around here. Pleasantly surprised with how well it stayed in position, great little setup. Darkstar holster, metal tooth clip, basketball shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    I received a Tenicor VELO for my 43X about a week ago. Man, I’m so impressed with the thoughtful design and features. I don’t find the molded-in kydex wedge to be uncomfortable, really, but I think it could benefit from a thin layer of padding. That’s the closest thing I have to a complaint. And it would easy enough to fashion a DIY remedy.

Also waiting on a JMCK AIWB with neoprene wedge for my P30S. I’m expecting to be similarly impressed. If it rides even 90% as nice as the VELO then I’d rather carry the P30 for safety, capacity, and shoot-ability.

It’s nice that we have so many great choices available!
    Received the aforementioned JMCK AIWB for my P30 today. So many acronyms!

Anyway, it actually edges out the much smaller 43X/Velo combination in terms of sheer comfort due to the neoprene wedge of the JM compared with the hard molded wedge of the Velo. I think a thin layer of neoprene (like mouse pad material) glued or velcroed to the Velo would do the trick.

Long story short, I’m impressed. I actually lost some weight since I ordered the JM. If I had been forward-thinking I probably would have ordered the George instead. The P30S is a wide gun - combined with the larger molded trigger wedge of the AIWB it creates quite a lump. The 43X/Velo is much, much flatter by comparison. Doesn’t impact comfort but a smaller trigger guard wedge on the JM would print even less. I might have to order a George to compare...
    Last edited by ratter75; 06-15-2019 at 04:08 PM.

User Tag List