Page 98 of 221 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I made a cloth pillow that solves this problem for me. It also keeps the muzzle pointed away from vital components.

Would you be able to share details as to how you made that? Maybe a pattern? It's a cool idea, and I'd like to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    Would you be able to share details as to how you made that? Maybe a pattern? It's a cool idea, and I'd like to give it a shot.
    I'm happy to share the details, but a pattern isn't in my skill set. I can use a sewing machine, but it took quite a bit of trial and error to make that pillow, and I've been putting off sewing up another one for my newest JMCK.

I used NiCo ripstop fabric and sewed on a strip of 2" hook velcro first thing. I found that cutting the hook velcro in half lengthwise, and leaving a small gap in between allowed the pillow to conform to the holster better.

Then I made a wedge shape with the velcro on the inside, but leaving the top open.

Next, I turned the thing right side out and stuffed it with the polyfill.

Finally, I sewed the top closed, and put a vertical stitch down the top part (see image below) to keep the filling down toward the end of the pillow.

I'm guessing a real seamstress could make this pretty easily, but it took me hours to get it right.

Here are a couple more images:

The good pad:

The other ones that didn't work as well:
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Garrity In-Victus for my VP9.
    Delivery time was under 3 months (ordered in mid November, delivered late January) and it was even delivered two weeks ahead of the advertised delivery timeframe.
    I know he had some issues with deliveries a while back, but it looks like he's now back on track and fulfilling orders in a timely manner.
    This is the only holster with tuck and wedge that doesn't poke and prod me all day.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'm happy to share the details, but a pattern isn't in my skill set. I can use a sewing machine, but it took quite a bit of trial and error to make that pillow, and I've been putting off sewing up another one for my newest JMCK.

I used NiCo ripstop fabric and sewed on a strip of 2" hook velcro first thing. I found that cutting the hook velcro in half lengthwise, and leaving a small gap in between allowed the pillow to conform to the holster better.

Then I made a wedge shape with the velcro on the inside, but leaving the top open.

Next, I turned the thing right side out and stuffed it with the polyfill.

Finally, I sewed the top closed, and put a vertical stitch down the top part (see image below) to keep the filling down toward the end of the pillow.

I'm guessing a real seamstress could make this pretty easily, but it took me hours to get it right.

Here are a couple more images:
    Thanks, dude. I'll give it a shot.

Glad to help. Please post your results.

My wife just asked what I was doing. I answered, "I'm helping a guy on the internet make a pillow for his crotch."
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

and with that...I go to bed.

Glad to help. Please post your results.

My wife just asked what I was doing. I answered, "I'm helping a guy on the internet make a pillow for his crotch."
    Dude, that was just classic. I lol'd. I never lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    ...This is the only holster with tuck and wedge that doesn't poke and prod me all day...

Any chance we can get a pic of it in use?
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Delivery time was under 3 months (ordered in mid November, delivered late January) and it was even delivered two weeks ahead of the advertised delivery timeframe.
    I know he had some issues with deliveries a while back, but it looks like he's now back on track and fulfilling orders in a timely manner.
    This is the only holster with tuck and wedge that doesn't poke and prod me all day.
    It is a good rig. I sold both of mine for a couple of reasons, the usual personal idiosyncrasies, but it is a damn good holster.

Site Supporter

Jody,

Are you able to see how a P30 fits into your Garrity? My P30 fits great into my JMCK AIWB built for a VP9 and I was curious how the P30 would fit. I would like a nice leather rig for both my P30 and VP9.

I only have a P30L, I sold my P30 a while back. I do not think a P30 would work in the VP9 holster, the VP9 pretty much clicks into place like kydex because of the molding.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List