Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCD for the CZ P10

SCD for the CZ P10

Saw this on Instagram and thought I'd share.

https://danforthdesigns.com/product/cz-p-10-scd/

CZ P-10 Holstering Safety also known as a “Striker Control Device” or “the gadget” works for the C, F, and S models. This device works by blocking the rearward travel of the trigger and striker, preventing it from firing while the backplate is depressed. The installation is quite simple, and a video on this will be made prior to the release of these products. Adding this part to your firearm will give you added peace of mind while holstering your weapon.

This item is currently on sale for PRE-ORDER. The item will begin shipping by February 1st, 2024

Very interesting…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Wow! That’s awesome.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Wow. This could make the P-10 more of an alternative to Glock.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

the pictures make the fit/finish or machining look a bit rough but I love that they are doing it! Very cool.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone have any info on this company or designer?

I thought the P10 was a fully tensioned striker, which made it difficult to make an SCD for it.

I remember reading the P10 used a partially tensioned striker.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I remember reading the P10 used a partially tensioned striker.
    The CZ USA site says it is "partially pre-cocked".

Awesome! With all the Glock clones it would be awesome to have the option on more options.

I also assumed this was an SCD for a fully tensioned striker design, which I understand (per some of the original designer’s comments here on PF) to be possible if you have the SCD work with the trigger bar instead of the striker. Given all the praise for the P10’s trigger (including favorable comparisons to the PPQ) I’d doubt there’s much rearward travel to speak of, but maybe I’m wrong.

As I always say in threads speculating as to non-Glock SCDs, someone do the PPQ/PDP next so it’s finally actually as good a carry gun as the PPS.

User Tag List