Page 176 of 221 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I realize Melody was the initiator, but you brought it here, Rich, where I saw it.
    It is too bad the Dr. Scholls pad is not just a bit thicker. I have and do use them sometimes, but they are just a little too skinny, so while they increase comfort for me, they are not as effective at averting the muzzle from pointing at my man-bits. For reference, I use the same Men's heel pad as s0nspark.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Before getting my KSG holster, which uses the Raven wedge, I used to use these, and cut the heel off. [used the heel]
    Instead of the gel, they were a memory foam. Just the right amount of foam/push, for 8 bucks. Wally world, on the shelf

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ProFoot-W...085666_1005862
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I haven't read the entire thread. Forgive me. Has anyone had issues with their pants effecting holster comfort?

6' tall, 165 lbs. Slim/lanky semi athletic build.
    Wrangler 32x32 Relaxed cut. I wear them below my navel, around my hip bones. In other words, my waist.
    Tru-spec web belt (admittedly a weak link. I'm working on it.)
    Glock 34 JMCK Wingclaw 2.5 with NSW.

With regards to comfort, some pants are fine and some aren't. A G17 in a G34 holster isn't generally regarded as a top choice for comfort (or concealment but I think it works for me. That's another topic.) I'm struggling with the comfort when ever I need to lean forward slightly, I get a jab in my abdomen just below my ribcage. The real kicker is that it only happens in certain pants that seem to fit just slightly tight. They are the exact same size brand and model as other pants, but feel slightly tighter.

With other pants I'm aware of the gun, but it isn't painful. It's a little uncomfortable to put on shoes and the like but not unbearable. With these pants it seems excruciating, even if I loosen the belt. In fact belt tension seems to have zero effect on it, which makes me feel that my sub par belt isn't a factor. Perhaps I need to change brands to pants that are more consistent? Thoughts?

-Cory

Cory, I find that the belt matters and the pants matter. What I think you need to do is simply find pants and belt that work for you. Obviously you've already proven to yourself that not all combinations work even within the same brand if they do not afford you the roominess (and comfort) required.

I don't mean this to be snarky but this isn't rocket science and the only one that can decide which pants work for you...will be you. (I personally like 5.11's but I'm retired and don't need to wear dress clothing and live in an environment where pretty much everyone wears this type clothing as we are surrounded by national and state forests and parks.) Other folks seem to like the Duluth Trading Post and Vertx offerings. I haven't gotten around to trying those yet.
    Something with a bit of give in the fabric itself or built into the waistline can be helpful in this arena.

On the belt front, the Mastermind Tactics line of belts are both very functional and very attractively priced. Bonus points for their being a site supporter as well.
    Last edited by blues; 03-25-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Cory, I find that the belt matters and the pants matter. What I think you need to do is simply find pants and belt that work for you. Obviously you've already proven to yourself that not all combinations work even within the same brand if they do not afford you the roominess (and comfort) required.

I don't mean this to be snarky but this isn't rocket science and the only one that can decide which pants work for you...will be you. (I personally like 5.11's but I'm retired and don't need to wear dress clothing and live in an environment where pretty much everyone wears this type clothing as we are surrounded by national and state forests and parks.) Other folks seem to like the Duluth Trading Post and Vertx offerings. I haven't gotten around to trying those yet.
    Something with a bit of give in the fabric itself or built into the waistline can be helpful in this arena.

On the belt front, the Mastermind Tactics line of belts are both very functional and very attractively priced. Bonus points for their being a site supporter as well.
    Im plenty snarky myself, no offense taken. I believe the belt matters as well. With other pants belt tension is very important. I posted because i wondered if others have had similar experiences, and how they resolved it. Im aware only i can choose what works for me, but knowing what has worked for others, or another factor i hadnt thought of, or things that dont work for othera, tips and tricks all could give me more information to make my choices.

I guess im basically looking for recommendations on jeans that are really consistant in sizing. Or just casual pants. I dont need dress clothes much. So i guess i need to look at a few of the companies mentioned. Thanks.

-Cory

Cory, do some Mexican carry trial, without the holster. Don't need to tell you but I will anyway, with an unloaded gun. Place it at the same height as with holster. If you have a G17 length holster, that's even better. If that works, you might need to trim that 34 length to 17. Or change pants.

Rib cage jab happens to me when the entire gun/holster assembly is too long and it gets pushed up when bending, sitting, etc. Tighter fit pants don't allow for grip to roll forward as much when sitting or bending and transmits holster's movement straight up into your ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Cory, do some Mexican carry trial, without the holster. Don't need to tell you but I will anyway, with an unloaded gun. Place it at the same height as with holster. If you have a G17 length holster, that's even better. If that works, you might need to trim that 34 length to 17. Or change pants.

Rib cage jab happens to me when the entire gun/holster assembly is too long and it gets pushed up when bending, sitting, etc. Tighter fit pants don't allow for grip to roll forward as much when sitting or bending and transmits holster's movement straight up into your ribs.
    I may give the Mexican carry a try (obviously unload), but I won't be cutting the holster. In fact, below the belt this holster is incredibly comfortable. I don't find it to press hard, rub, pressure, or otherwise cause any uncomfortableness. It may be possible that I need to change to pants that allow more "roll out" when I bend forward. But not too much roll. The 34 length definitely prevents any roll out printing during normal day to day activities. That's a huge benefit with a full size Glock grip, and one I am hesitant to loose. Maybe I can reposition the NSW to better fit the crease of my pelvis, thus preventing the length from causing rib jab.

Lot to think about in your post. Thanks.

-Cory

I've been having trouble with a Wing 1.0 lately. Using the flat sponge. I usually do 1:00. The slide is sticking out off body about 1/2". Driving me nuts. Never used to happen. The wedge hurts me so I switched to the sponge. Couple pair of my work pants have a belt loop in the way of achieving 1:00 so that could be my issue.

Might try a wedge again or go with a G17 holster. Idk.

If I mess with it enough I can get it flat but after moving around it returns to the position pictured.
    Last edited by newyork; 03-25-2017 at 10:52 AM.

^Newyork thats why I cant do a wing holster. The wing pushes the slide out.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I've been having trouble with a Wing 1.0 lately. Using the flat sponge. I usually do 1:00. The slide is sticking out off body about 1/2". Driving me nuts. Never used to happen. The wedge hurts me so I switched to the sponge. Couple pair of my work pants have a belt loop in the way of achieving 1:00 so that could be my issue.

Might try a wedge again or go with a G17 holster. Idk.

If I mess with it enough I can get it flat but after moving around it returns to the position pictured.
    YES. This is exactly what I have going on.
    I've removed my wing on a previous holster. On the MMT that I have now, I have to remove the claw I think. I have to email him about getting screws that work without the claw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List