Page 216 of 221 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've tried almost everything on the market...as this thread indicates, I go back on this a long way.

I have found over the years that seemingly minor differences in dimensions make huge differences in comfort. I have found that different gun/holster combinations work better for me than others.
    New(ish) guy (wrapping up my fourth year carrying AIWB now) and I have to second this, even if I think it's obvious to a lot of folks here.

Personal example I'm going through is I carried a G19 in a couple of Tenicor holsters from the beginning of 2021. Absolutely loved them, fantastic in terms of comfort and performance, I raved about them to friends. Jump to three months ago and I decide to pick up an M18 and give that a try. First thing I do is order a Certum Lux. And it's completely friggin miserable. Every time I've wanted to carry that gun I put it on, fumble with it in the mirror for a few minutes, then give up and grab something else. In 3 months this gun has not left my house except on range trips. I've finally given up and ordered an LB Wing Claw, so we'll see if things work out better with that.

I know the M18 isn't that much bulkier than a G19, but I think something about the little bit of extra bulk it has really seems to make those universal features that Tenicor throws in bite. The gun itself really does not print much in a t-shirt, even with the wider magwell on the Wilson frame. But the holster itself, especially the protective wings jutting out to make room for a wide RDS, does print pretty bad. Plus, that wider channel goes under the belt and results in a distorted and protruding beltline unless you set the ride height relatively high. It doesn't help that the light channel is so much wider than it needs to be- again, this should be a selling point because it is "universal" for any of the compact WMLs, but to achieve that it has to be significantly wider than the gun. There's also a protruding channel along it that I'm almost certain is meant to accommodate that ridiculous QD lever that Olights have, and that thing is almost comically uncomfortable. I will say that the fact that this holster reminds of Olight's continued existence every time I look at it may be creating an irrational bias in me. In any case, all of that extra bulk becomes very noticeable in terms of comfort and printing, even if most or all of those features are there in some way on the G19 versions.

Do I think Tenicor is a crummy company now? No, but this has definitely highlighted for me the way that additional features can result in product bloat and undermine concealment, and how much of that can be dependent on the geometry of a particular gun.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was really happy with the JMCK WC 2.5 as set up in the image above...but for the hell of it, a few weeks ago I decided to remove the DCCs and see how I liked the holster with the wide spaced fixed loops...

...and OMG, the difference is incredible both in terms of stability and concealment.

Name:  JMCK 2.5 - 2.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  31.4 KB

Liked it so much that I decided during Tony's recent sale to pick up a WC 2.0 with the DCCs based upon the recommendation of my good buddy @Jason M.

(It arrives later today, so I'm pretty excited to give it a tryout and compare it to the setup above.)

YMMV, but I don't see myself going back to the narrow attachments except when I'm just running out for a few minutes and decide to throw on one of my other holsters with a clip a la DSG. As always, preferences will vary depending upon need, body type and fitment.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I've used about every high quality AIWB holster on the market in the last 10-12 years and the JMCK WC 2.0 with DCC clips is hands down my favorite holster.

I was really happy with the JMCK WC 2.5 as set up in the image above...but for the hell of it, a few weeks ago I decided to remove the DCCs and see how I liked the holster with the wide spaced fixed loops...

...and OMG, the difference is incredible both in terms of stability and concealment.

Name:  JMCK 2.5 - 2.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  31.4 KB

Liked it so much that I decided during Tony's recent sale to pick up a WC 2.0 with the DCCs based upon the recommendation of my good buddy @Jason M.

(It arrives later today, so I'm pretty excited to give it a tryout and compare it to the setup above.)

YMMV, but I don't see myself going back to the narrow attachments except when I'm just running out for a few minutes and decide to throw on one of my other holsters with a clip a la DSG. As always, preferences will vary depending upon need, body type and fitment.

I'm running my 2.5 in a similar fashion, with the clips.
    Absolutely rock solid and hides this beast well.
    Very impressed with the 2.5.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

@CSW

Isn't that the 2.0?

@CSW

Isn't that the 2.0?
    Shit, you're right....

Nevermind......

It's been a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Shit, you're right....

Nevermind......

It's been a long day.
    No problem, brother. More positive feedback for the file.

No problem, brother. More positive feedback for the file.
    The beauty of that one is that it can run my Centurion AND the compact I just bought.
    Didn't need to get another holster.
    ... And both worked in original AIWB from Tony as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    The beauty of that one is that it can run my Centurion AND the compact I just bought.
    Didn't need to get another holster.
    ... And both worked in original AIWB from Tony as well.
    Yep. I can run any of my Glocks in any of my holsters from JMCK...well, except for the one made for a S&W L Frame.

I have two guns, holsters...one for each of ya...

Name:  JMCK 2.0 2.5.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  43.3 KB

JMCK 2.0 vs. 2.5 You'll notice the somewhat wider spread of the clips on the 2.0 vs. the loops on the 2.5

I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other. So, I'm not going to.

User Tag List