Page 54 of 221 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Traded emails with Joyce Wilson (IDPA HQ) today and asked her if aiwb was on the horizon for IDPA. She said she doubted it due to safety concerns.

Sad news, but not unexpected. Given that a few folks do tend to shoot themselves while holstering each year at various action pistol sporting events, I'd also say it's understandable. But it still makes me sad.
    But they are still allowing the Serpa, right?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    But they are still allowing the Serpa, right?
    At best I know.

An AD with an aiwb brings to mind a much more catastrophic image... appropriately so. While I certainly have no love for the SERPA, it is a different risk especially with regards to large numbers of unknown shooters.

I suspect they are more resistant to change more than anything else.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Resistant to change, yes. And there are still an awful lot of people who honestly believe that nobody can carry a concealed weapon in front of the hip on a daily basis, which therefore means the only reason to have your holster forward of the hip would be to game the system.

"V. Offer a practical shooting sport responsive to the shooters and sponsors, with unprecedented stability of equipment rules."

Too bad.

pax
    Kathy Jackson

re: IPDA and the crazy rules, I often have to remind myself that any idiot can come to a match. Sometimes, Any Idiot is more than half the shooters. Those people are sometimes scary when running a belt holster and IDPA vest. If they saw master class shooters running AIWB they'd all go get the cheapest one they could find, and there'd be more injuries and more serious injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by phil_in_cs View Post
    re: IPDA and the crazy rules, I often have to remind myself that any idiot can come to a match. Sometimes, Any Idiot is more than half the shooters. Those people are sometimes scary when running a belt holster and IDPA vest. If they saw master class shooters running AIWB they'd all go get the cheapest one they could find, and there'd be more injuries and more serious injuries.
    I see some top shooters on the Sportsman Channel using Appendix Carry and I wonder how many armchair commandos will start to carry this way without even a good holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I see some top shooters on the Sportsman Channel using Appendix Carry and I wonder how many armchair commandos will start to carry this way without even a good holster.
    Fortunately or unfortunately, it's a self-correcting problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Does anybody know anything about the 5.11 Appendix holster? Model # is 50103 for m&p compact.

I just bought a M&P9c with thumb safety specifically to try AIWB carry in the hot weather. After playing with it a little bit, it seems like I might not need all the grip tuck of a design with a large "wedge".

I don't mind modifying the sweat guard and making my own slight "wedge" if the holster doesn't suck. I can't find any reviews, or detailed pictures of ride height and thickness.

They say it was designed by bladetech, tested by viking tactics, and is in stock everywhere. For the price it seems too good to be true.

I need something that is able to go on/off in the car, and can be shipped quickly. I may wind up ordering a shaggy, jm, or keeper in the future, if I can get used to AIWB carry(great concealment and comfort, but scares me).
    Also I am about 5'8'' 155 with a fairly flat tummy, but a short torso.

Ideas?

It lacks the features that make a good AIWB holster good, but it's cheap an available. Worth a shot, especially if you aren't committed to AIWB yet. Just be aware...it lacks the features that make a good AIWB holster good.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Ideas?
    Check your PM's
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

User Tag List