Page 187 of 221 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Hello all, thank you for all the great information!

Would it be appropriate to ask in this thread for modification tips? Or should I start my own thread? For now I just got a local holster that's OWB/IWB convertible. Designed for 3-4:30... I'm not comfortable with how badly that prints. I try it at least close to where AIWB would be, and I think with a couple foam wedges, I can make it mostly disappear. But wanted some advice before I get too far into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barike View Post
    Hello all, thank you for all the great information!

Would it be appropriate to ask in this thread for modification tips? Or should I start my own thread? For now I just got a local holster that's OWB/IWB convertible. Designed for 3-4:30... I'm not comfortable with how badly that prints. I try it at least close to where AIWB would be, and I think with a couple foam wedges, I can make it mostly disappear. But wanted some advice before I get too far into it.
    What maker and model? Anything that's convertible like that these days is likely gonna be mediocre for both modes of carry.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

It's what I understand to be a local place. http://www.cmcholsters.com/sig-p320-...cp-owb-holster Putting a Sig P320 Compact 9mm in it. I'm local to Keepers Concealment, but needed a holster today/this-weekend, not in 2-8 weeks. Holster came with the metal clips to put on the outside for IWB, I installed those after experimenting for a few minutes with strong side OWB. The "most concealed" position I could find is what I think is AIWB, but it rolls forward at the top, and is twisted out away from me. I bought a large foam pool noodle that I'm cutting into various shapes to see if I can get it to "tuck" a bit better. It's probably a waste of time, but... Not a whole lot of "off the rack" options that are available locally. If there is a particular model that I should try that's commonly available at gun stores, I'm all ears! I'll drive around tomorrow to try to find one.

That's just a regular pancake OWB. Those may work sometimes but the reference image shows that a few little details about the final shape that indicate that it won't work well.

If you're local to Spencer go check the BDC Gun room.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Pro-tip: Even if you are lean and wear a ‘tweaked’ low proifile JMCK 2.5 / Glock 19 AIWB rig well without printing, wearing one to the (new) dentist who will lay you flat/slightly arched backwards, head below waist is not an ideal situation.

I don’t think the dentist/hygeinist were 100% sure, but I got a lot of glances and extra questions about what I did for a living. I was extremely pleasant and charming the entire time, but my white collar responses did not correlate with Glock bulge.
    I have found bringing my own book/magazine and holding it over the area in question to be helpful in this situation.

Pro-tip: Even if you are lean and wear a ‘tweaked’ low proifile JMCK 2.5 / Glock 19 AIWB rig well without printing, wearing one to the (new) dentist who will lay you flat/slightly arched backwards, head below waist is not an ideal situation.

I don’t think the dentist/hygeinist were 100% sure, but I got a lot of glances and extra questions about what I did for a living. I was extremely pleasant and charming the entire time, but my white collar responses did not correlate with Glock bulge.
    That’s funny, I thought about that the last time I went for a cleaning.

People print more than they think; especially when they aren’t standing up perfectly straight and square to a mirror.

I don’t think the dentist/hygeinist were 100% sure, but I got a lot of glances and extra questions about what I did for a living. I was extremely pleasant and charming the entire time, but my white collar responses did not correlate with Glock bulge

"...I mean Glock..."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I just received my JM aiwb wing claw for my Springfield MC Operator. No complaints. It's my 3rd or fourth jm aiwb holster so it's a known quantity.

One difference I noticed is that on my 2.0 the full sweat guard will actually activate the safety and not allow it to be disengaged while holstered whereas the wing claw with the same full guard does not.

Is that new?

Will a hair dryer heat up kydex enough for me to mimic the 2.0s sweat guard?

03RN, the safety issue with 1911's is two fold. One, I didn't want to be liable for someone to forget to engage the safety because the holster does it automatically, that's a liability nightmare for us. Secondly, it does create a "hump" for the grip to have to get drug over which was causing extra wear and tear on the grips of the pistols.

A hair dryer will not get hot enough nor localize the heat enough to work. I can do it for you, but I need something in an email form that states you are good with me trapping the safety in the on position. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    03RN, the safety issue with 1911's is two fold. One, I didn't want to be liable for someone to forget to engage the safety because the holster does it automatically, that's a liability nightmare for us. Secondly, it does create a "hump" for the grip to have to get drug over which was causing extra wear and tear on the grips of the pistols.

A hair dryer will not get hot enough nor localize the heat enough to work. I can do it for you, but I need something in an email form that states you are good with me trapping the safety in the on position. Thanks
    Thanks

After talking it out with a friend I think I'm going to keep this one as is. He brought up that since I like to shoot 3gun and uspsa with my carry gear I should have a holster that allows me to holster hammer down.
    Last edited by 03RN; 05-09-2018 at 07:46 PM.

User Tag List