Page 219 of 221 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I shouldn't have been surprised at how easily I could carry a 4" Model 28 in a JMCK AIWB holster. Though I ought to see if I can find some knockoff PC Magna's for it.
    We need pics of the N frame
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    We need pics of the N frame
    Name:  IMG_3547.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  64.0 KB

Let me get the grips I want on it and I'll show it in the holster.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Name:  IMG_3547.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  64.0 KB

Let me get the grips I want on it and I'll show it in the holster.

There is something just plain sexy about the 27/28's !!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

The nice thing about the clips, whether monoblock or DCC, is that I just leave the gun in the holster and put it on and take it off as a unit. Which means, as far as the gun itself goes, I'm not doing any "administrative handling".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Full size, all steel 1911 AIWB carry. In general, is this doable or is the weight a huge drawback? Would this generally conceal better than a double stack pistol of similar size, like a G17?

I tend to favor longer barreled pistols for AIWB and I have a hankering for a 1911. Trying to decide between a full size 45 or a lightweight Commander in 9mm.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Full size, all steel 1911 AIWB carry. In general, is this doable or is the weight a huge drawback? Would this generally conceal better than a double stack pistol of similar size, like a G17?

I tend to favor longer barreled pistols for AIWB and I have a hankering for a 1911. Trying to decide between a full size 45 or a lightweight Commander in 9mm.
    I find the 34 conceals decently but the barrel is just long enough to poke me in soft things. I wonder if the 17 size would be the goldilocks length? I would think the weight would be noticeable but not as bad as carrying one in any other place.

I carried a commander sized 1911 for close to 4 years in a Tenicor Certum 3.
    Also had an RMRcc installed upon it.
    Probably one of the easiest to carry and conceal pistols I ever used.

Name:  Screenshot_20231201-095624.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  31.2 KB
    Last edited by CSW; 12-01-2023 at 09:58 AM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

@Irelander - there are plenty of "us" doing exactly what you describe. I have been carrying a gov't 1911 AIWB for just over a decade now. Once you find the right holster / belt / position for you and your life I find it pretty disappears.

So yes, it's very doable. Every now and again I'll carry a P320 (full size), and I don't notice a huge difference between the two pistols, but I attribute that to wearing a firearm for a couple decades now (familiarization with the weight) and spending some time through trial & error to get the right combo of holster / belt / position that works FOR ME. Once I got that dialed in it really helped the gun become "just another thing I always have" like a knife or a pocket flashlight or my wallet, not some boat anchor that I have to schlep around daily.

FYI I switched holsters to the PHLSTER Enigma + JMCK holster 2.5 years ago and love it! So the "belt + holster" question is answered a little differently for me now. But I can do anything I need to do in daily life, and I actually enjoy boggling minds when people I not only carry a full size 1911 but that I carry it AIWB, and that I can do everything they can do and more. I gladly drop down and do a few burpees etc to prove the stability and comfort of my setup. A lot of folks who are more pedestrian in their CCW mentality just can't believe it.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

I'll join the response train.

About four years ago (I think) I switched from a Walther P99 (which is between a G19 and G17) to a 9mm steel-framed Commander. I've recently traded that for a 5" Government in .45 and I'll be sticking with God's gun for the foreseeable future. Even with the Walther, I was carrying in a holster for a 5" PPQ, and I carried the Commander in a Government holster. One of my requirements for a carry gun is the existence of a 5" model, even if that's not the model I want, so I can easily source holsters of this length. For reference, I'm 6'1" and hang out somewhere between 200lb and 225lb.

First off, for me, the heavier single stack is 100% more concealable, and actually more comfortable, than the lighter double stack. I also have really big hands, so I need something at least a little bigger than a G19 for a full firing grip. I actually really like the Walther P99 and its derivatives because their grip is just enough to give me a full grip but no more. A 1911 is pretty close, with just a bit of extra front strap extending below my pinky due to the trigger guard being smaller - all that to say, I like the full size single stack because it gives me enough gun to hold onto while being more concealable than a full size double stack, and I prefer that solution to a more concealable double stack that my pinky isn't firmly planted on.

I started with JMCK 2.0 and 2.5 holsters with a Blue Alpha belt, switched the belt for a Mastermind D-Ring, and recently switched to a Tenicor Velo for the holster. All of these combinations worked well and I'm just making micro adjustments to find better fit for me. I am interested in trying an Enigma with one of my JM holsters at some point, but other priorities in the budget and the frequent need in my life to take the gun off and go through a metal detector keeps putting that off.

A little quick grip surgery to cut down on the risk of printing.

Name:  IMG_4366.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  62.5 KB

User Tag List