Page 207 of 221 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2208

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    I switched to the Phlster Enigma system about a year ago, and now I can use basically whatever belt I want to because the weight of the firearm is no longer on my belt & pants, but rather on the Enigma's inner belt. It's pretty rad if you take the time to test & tweak the setup for your body type and your equipment.
    That's a good reminder that I need a JMCK Enigma shell for my Enigma. Did Phlster ever provide attachment options for non-winged holsters?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    That's a good reminder that I need a JMCK Enigma shell for my Enigma. Did Phlster ever provide attachment options for non-winged holsters?
    That's a great question. Paging @orionz06

I'm running a JMCK Enigma shell with my 5" 1911 and it's been great.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

That's a great question. Paging @orionz06

I'm running a JMCK Enigma shell with my 5" 1911 and it's been great.
    That's a heavy gun - I carry a steel commander and I've been assuming the Enigma was better with polymer guns and maybe not so great with guns well over 30oz. Apparently that's not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    That's a heavy gun - I carry a steel commander and I've been assuming the Enigma was better with polymer guns and maybe not so great with guns well over 30oz. Apparently that's not correct?
    I've carried AIWB with a 1911 for over a decade, so I guess I'm used to it? But it weighs about the same overall as my P320 w/ X300. When I need lighterweight I go to a Glock43, but that's not very often.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Meant to say I need an Enigma shell for my P2000SK.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I've carried AIWB with a 1911 for over a decade, so I guess I'm used to it? But it weighs about the same overall as my P320 w/ X300. When I need lighterweight I go to a Glock43, but that's not very often.
    I guess I just figured a heavy gun with that harness system wouldn't be fun. Apparently I may need to try it someday.

AIWB Heaven

Thanks to all the excellent information/discussion on this forum I've made the switch. I know I'm not actually in heaven since I'm still paying 10+ cents for primers, but from an EDC standpoing I'm virtually there. My Staccato C disappears and I know long need to worry about keeping the belt reasonably tight for 4:00 IWB carry. My Certum 3 is working ok with pull-the-dots, but a have a JMCK 2.0 on the way with the PTD loops as well. I can no long use the Certum for hip carry since with the RMR and the canted loop configuration the belt interferes with the RMR. No big deal: AIWB forever.

Try the DCC clips on that tenicor.
    Makes my 1911 disappear, and never move.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Try the DCC clips on that tenicor.
    Makes my 1911 disappear, and never move.
    I'll do that. Actually tried the DCC at the 4:00 position but found them very awkward so had been running the snaps when I moved the Tenicor from IWB to AIWB. The JMCK 2.5 I have had the wide-spaced DCC and I just couldn't deal with what I found to be two-hand don/doff operation. I do think the clips are unhandy when the pants have a thick waistband, but that is a YMMV sort of thing. I have an all steel commander but with only a one round advantage over the Staccato and a weight downside I'm sticking with the "C". Just need to master the bouncing dot.

Certum 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List