Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where to compete with the gun I'd actually carry?

Hit factor is hit factor, no matter who you are and what gun setup you're running.

Comparing points will tell you how accurately you're shooting vs other folks. Hit factor will tell you if you can keep up on accuracy and do it fast.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Great post.

What would be especially interesting is looking, then, at the overall scores without taking into account division.

If you show up to the track in a Ferrari, and get lapped by a guy in a Datsun 510...
    Thanks rob. I agree, and I love looking at the combined results and comparing scores cross-division.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I see dudes shooting pistols outside of IDPA rules all the time. They get scored but not officially recognized in the results. It is good to see if the latest advancement is an actual advancement or a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Hit factor is hit factor, no matter who you are and what gun setup you're running.

Comparing points will tell you how accurately you're shooting vs other folks. Hit factor will tell you if you can keep up on accuracy and do it fast.
    USPSA's scoring system heavily emphasizes speed over accuracy, at least in the "hoser" stages our local club seems to favor, so I'm hesitant to get too caught up in hit factor at this level (B class shooter). I strive for all 'A's as fast as possible, and I have to check my ego when I see shooters who are a little bit faster and much less accurate beating me in the standings.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicToaster View Post
    USPSA's scoring system heavily emphasizes speed over accuracy, at least in the "hoser" stages our local club seems to favor, so I'm hesitant to get too caught up in hit factor at this level (B class shooter). I strive for all 'A's as fast as possible, and I have to check my ego when I see shooters who are a little bit faster and much less accurate beating me in the standings.
    We started rotating some stage design duties to vary the speed:accuracy demands. Much success, minimal butt-hurt.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

In the Mid-Atlantic there are a few clubs that have "Action Pistol" matches that allow just about any kind of equipment. Good examples are "The Range" in Oxford, NC and York, PA Isaac Walton. I would look for clubs that offer similar matches in your area.

York has rescinded it's USPSA membership and runs: USPSA style matches with optional use of cover, etc. but they use TIME+ scoring like IDPA. I kinda like the idea, although I do like to see more use of cover rules and concealment rules.

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    York has rescinded it's USPSA membership and runs: USPSA style matches with optional use of cover, etc. but they use TIME+ scoring like IDPA. I kinda like the idea, although I do like to see more use of cover rules and concealment rules.

Cody
    That sounds solid, I'll have to check them out. Concealment would be awesome, cover not so much since one cannot effectively determine cover from behind.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List