Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Chromebook

Old thread but since I recently purchased a new Chromebook, I thought I'd recommend this HP which is available at a good price from BestBuy.

I've had mine for just over a month or so and it's been great. Long battery life. Excellent (touch) screen, touch pad, keyboard. Fast processor and good amount of RAM as well.

If a Chromebook meets your needs, this is a good one. I did a lot of research before buying and I'm convinced it was a good decision.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I put 60 HP G5 Chromebooks into circulation this summer. They seem like a really good device. I haven't been happy with the roughly 450 Dell Chromebooks I bought two years ago. Lots of battery issues that can only be fixed by buying and installing new batteries.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I put 60 HP G5 Chromebooks into circulation this summer. They seem like a really good device. I haven't been happy with the roughly 450 Dell Chromebooks I bought two years ago. Lots of battery issues that can only be fixed by buying and installing new batteries.
    My previous Chromebook is an Acer C720p which I only replaced as primary due to its reaching the end of automatic updates. I've had it for 5 1/2 trouble-free years with nary a hiccup.

I now use it down in the shop as a backup and to play music. But no financial or other important stuff...it is actually current on updates, but the last two have told me they're "the last" I'll get.

The HP is a pretty big upgrade with the HD graphics and the much larger 14" screen, as well as the heavier, more upscale feeling build.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

HP Chromebook good to go so far

+1 for the HP recommended by Blues above. I picked up one on sale at Best Buy to use for grad school and it's been great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Yup;

Been on a Chromebook for 3 weeks now, after my 2011 laptop gave up.

No issues, except I cannot get things to print, as my antique printer doesn't cloud.
    Canon? The google cloud print whatever is a dumpster fire. Otherwise, typing from an 11" acer chromebook.

From a privacy perspective, this thing is a dumpster fire. And you can cure that by installing linux. Otherwise, battery life's fantastic and it does the simple things well.

It’s possible to natively add a printer to a Chromebook. I’ve only set it up with a network printer and not via USB. It’s working well for me on various HP Laserjets.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I purchased a new printer to replace the ancient one, and I'm able to print via the HP app.
    problem solved.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List