Thread: Orange insert came out of Trijicon HD front

Orange insert came out of Trijicon HD front

Hi all,

After about 500 rounds, the orange on my HD front fell out. Since it went all at once, I wonder if it is a 'piece' they install vs. paint as they told me on the phone. Trijicon said I could send the sight or slide in for them to assess, and determine if it warrants replacing. However, they told me they could recommend nothing to keep this from happening again at the same round count.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am thinking now of putting some orange paint on the post---I very much liked the sight picture given by the HDs.

Thanks in advance for ideas or opinions.

Bill

the orange insert on my Ameriglo Hackathorn sights did the exact same thing.

Kind of pissed me off, but the sight picture with just the tritium bead is still fine. My only concern is if the orange insert helped hold the tritium in the sight itself. But so far, I haven't had any other issues with them

I'm curious. What gun/caliber?

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    the orange insert on my Ameriglo Hackathorn sights did the exact same thing.

Kind of pissed me off, but the sight picture with just the tritium bead is still fine.
    The orange in my M&P Ameriglo Hack front post fell out at some point in the middle of the GA state IDPA match 2 years ago. Rick said he would replace it but I never bothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    I'm curious. What gun/caliber?
    M&P F/S 9mm

User Tag List