Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Weather Pic Thread

I could care less about UFOs flying around. At least they are not poisoning the air......I think.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Spent the day dodging rain drops at one of our "local" USPSA matches. On the way home we drove through this little thunderhead. This is the one-handed windshield iPhone shot.

That looks super nasty.
    i used to wannabe

Several years ago in late winter we got two storms within a couple days of each other, with high winds in between and during the second one. It hard packed the first snow then drifted the second. In the first pic I was standing on a drift, the drift in the pic was about 6' high. A neighbior plowed me out, I had to shovel some around my vehicles. A few days later the temp went up to the 50s and the snow was completely gone in about a week. The most snow Id seen in 25 years.

Dog playing in the yard

Last edited by Malamute; 04-09-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    (Also, I have some dash cam footage of the most amazing double rainbow we saw on the drive down here. If and when i figure out how to edit it, I'll post it here so you guys can tell me what it means...)
    Okay, I found a program that would let me save a frame from the dash cam video. The only editing was a bit of cropping:
    Name:  Double Rainbow.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  42.3 KB
    If anyone is looking for such a program, AVIDEMUX seems to work, GNU License, too.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Golf ball to soft ball size hail last night. Was not on present to get video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Rode out the hail storm - baseball sized in the car in our driveway. Clobbered San Antonio. Wife and I discussed cover vs. concealment watching the windshield crack. We just got to the end of our block when it hit. It also set off the burglar alarm in the house, glass breaking sensor. So I got out my pump gun and racked it at the Gods in the sky. Scared them away.

Watching those things bounce around you, off the car and hearing it on the roof of the car was a touch exciting.

Lots of damage in the area. Waiting for the insurance call. Neighbor had his car windows blown out. Another had his house windows gone and his siding looks like it was shot up. Splits and holes in hit. Roof is probably crapped out.

If you were out in it, you would have gotten clobbered. A bird statue in our yard has its head cracked open like a NFL lineman. Local HEB and WalMart had their roofs holed. Another house caught fire.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 04-13-2016 at 12:00 PM.

It's a miracle no reports of deaths from the storm yet. The hail would have split your head right open.

Nothing at our main house, wasn't able to see our rental property due to rain and being dark as heck. Note to self....2000 lumens light would be nice for Christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

When I was stationed in Colorado there was a local firm making something they called the Hail Veil. Worked great. Can't find it on the web anymore, but if they're still out there and you live where serious hail damager to your vehicle is a serious possibility I highly recommend one.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Well, the house and car deductibles take care of new guns and Rx glasses for the next century. The veil sounds good but I would have to have had a Star Fleet force field for this one. Glad we were close to the house and made it to the driveway and then took cover below the window line. It was like a vehicle class. Of course, shooting back wouldn't have helped. Bah!

User Tag List