Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 First Impressions

Site Supporter
    A truth: If my gunshop/local haunt had any P-07's in stock, My bank account would be short the cost of a brand new CZ and some CGW parts...and a holster....and mags....

Oh dear, I suppose it's a good thing they don't have any in stock. Nice looking pistol though! Can't wait to hear how it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Looks like a pre 2014 P07.
    Its definitely one of the first generation, but the 2014 mark is clearly visible. I guess they were still making them that way into January.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Its definitely one of the first generation, but the 2014 mark is clearly visible. I guess they were still making them that way into January.
    According to the reply to the email I sent CZ asking about the sights and conversion kit for the decocker parts they said it was a special run for Gander Mountain that included a taclight. That wasn't in the box either...
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Just got a new model P07, so far it's functioning well after 250rds of PMC and Fiocchi FMJ.
    D/A is around 10lb and fairly smooth, S/A is 3.5lbs with quite a bit of creep. Installed CGW sights .095 front fiber optic and .125 black rear notch. Sight picture is quick to pick up, only concern is the durability of the front sight. The only problem so far is the slide release eating my support hand thumb, I'm slowly trimming it to alleviate the issue.

Before buying this gun I got a good deal on a used DUTY P 07. Loved the way it handled in general but didn't love the cosmetics or the sights. Digested 400rds. without issue.

I believe the new P 07 will go to Cajun Gunworks for some trigger work specifically shorter reset.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hoping to pick one of these soon. Good looking gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Just got a new model P07, so far it's functioning well after 250rds of PMC and Fiocchi FMJ.
    D/A is around 10lb and fairly smooth, S/A is 3.5lbs with quite a bit of creep. Installed CGW sights .095 front fiber optic and .125 black rear notch. Sight picture is quick to pick up, only concern is the durability of the front sight. The only problem so far is the slide release eating my support hand thumb, I'm slowly trimming it to alleviate the issue.

Before buying this gun I got a good deal on a used DUTY P 07. Loved the way it handled in general but didn't love the cosmetics or the sights. Digested 400rds. without issue.

I believe the new P 07 will go to Cajun Gunworks for some trigger work specifically shorter reset.
    John, does the SA trigger have creep or just take up?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I remember shooting one about a year ago. I think I would have to agree with Mr. Mike Pannone, it is the best gun that no one knows about. I have been carrying a Glock 19 for about 4 years or so now and I tend to like guns that size. The gun is accurate as most CZ's are and I found it very easy to shoot. The sights track well for me, although the stock sights are not good(but I haven't found stock sights I like, either). I don't even mind that it is a TDA. I find that I don't have to shoot striker fired guns only. I would say for the price, It would be hard to beat. Finding aftermarket support seems to be getting easier. Everyone and their mother is starting to shoot a CZ in some form or another at the USPSA club matches I attend. I think I even like the P07 better than the p09. That is just me though...

Bottom line, I would not hesitate to recommend that gun if someone were looking for an affordable and practical pistol. I am a bit surprised I don't have one yet, but I can't have all the guns I want, now can I?

I had intentions of getting out this week and running some accuracy/function drills but working nights and personal commitments kept getting in the way. I decided to test the gun at our local IDPA match cold. To further push the gun's abilities I used a mix of Tula and Wolf 115 grain ball. Here are my observations and thoughts.

The pistol points very naturally in my hands, which is a good thing as the stock sights suck. They are functional but I'll definitely look at options to upgrade. For now I'll probably black out the rear and paint the front.
    The double action trigger will take some practice to get used to. It's not overly heavy or long in my opinion but I had a hard time finding the break. I see plenty of dryfire and one shot draws in my future.
    The CZ-75 magazines by MecGar worked very well. At half the cost of the P07 mags I will definitely pick up several more.
    The P07 cycled flawlessly with both Wolf and Tula ammo. I'll field strip the gun later and see how it looks internally. The round count for the match was around 130ish. Not a definitive test but a good start.
    I was using an IWB holster for the match. Twice my shirt hung up in the holster and flipped the safety on. I will be getting the decocker kit installed before I consider using this pistol as a carry piece.
    In the current IDPA trend of emulating USPSA by placing the shooter in odd, uncomfortable positions to shoot our match had a stage in which the shooter shot dominant hand around the opposite side of cover performed a Tac reload, swapped hands and shot around the opposite side. This placed the pistol in a nearly horizontal position while shooting. Once again, no feed issues.
    Recoil was very manageable.
    Reloads, while slowly executed were simple thanks to the bevel on the mags and the wider profile of the P07 mag well.
    We had one stage that placed targets at 35 yards. I had a hard time keeping my hits on paper at that range. The strange trigger, short sight radius conspired against me. Once again, I feel that with time and practice that will improve drastically.
    I've got a couple of videos I'll try to upload later this week.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    John, does the SA trigger have creep or just take up?
    Actually it has both, oddly enough the the original P 07 DUTY had less creep. According to David at CGW their hammer will make the Single action crisp but not really reduce the take up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I didn't look to see, but one thing I remember about CZs is that they tend to have really, extremely, excessively positive sear engagement, to the point that when pulling the trigger in SA, you can see the hammer travel rearward quite visibly before the sear breaks. Do they still do that?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List