Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 First Impressions

Barrel moves directly back with the slide and begins to cam downwards after this point:

But I may be wrong on that one...

Based on my limited time with the pistol, I think the medium back strap mimics the 75B grip angle the best, though none are perfect. The back straps fit quite well by the way, no movement or play on my sample of one.

If at half-cock, DA starts here (after slack is removed):

Although the aftermarket support continues to grow, sometimes you have to roll your own...

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Just a quick update, I've been running a newer 2014 P07 with a CGW spring kit lately. At this time I've got about 500 rounds through it. I shot an IDPA match today and picked a stage to start off with a magazine (11 rounds) of Winchester PDX 124 grain bonded HP's to see how things went with a little bit of stress.

Accuracy was fine. I high index slightly above the -0 circle on the chest and all shots were between the -0 zone and the head. No cycling or feeding issues. Perceived recoil was slightly more snap that the 115 grain Federal ball. All shots were from 7 to 15 yards.

On a personal note, I have to teach myself to not ride the trigger like I do on a revolver. That makes for a potential tragedy at worst worst and an unintentional discharge at least.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I bought a P07 over the weekend. Took it out and put 150 rds thru it. The stock DA trigger is very heavy. No trigger gauge but I'm guessing somewhere @12 lbs. that's the only negative I've found. Just playing around with it today I'm running sub 6 second FAST from concealment. The last thing I did with it was run some unconcealed FAST just for fun. I was using a crappy Safariland 567 XD holster which really sucked. I was able to run several clean sub 5 second FAST, best one being 4.65.

I think I'm going to order some CGW parts and do a trigger job on it. If I continue to like it, it's going to Mark H for an RMR install.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I bought a P07 over the weekend. Took it out and put 150 rds thru it. The stock DA trigger is very heavy. No trigger gauge but I'm guessing somewhere @12 lbs. that's the only negative I've found. Just playing around with it today I'm running sub 6 second FAST from concealment. The last thing I did with it was run some unconcealed FAST just for fun. I was using a crappy Safariland 567 XD holster which really sucked. I was able to run several clean sub 5 second FAST, best one being 4.65.

I think I'm going to order some CGW parts and do a trigger job on it. If I continue to like it, it's going to Mark H for an RMR install.
    I now have two. The newer one has the CGW trigger spring kit. Huge difference in trigger pull.
    Julius Caesar

Not an issue for Lon using an RDS, but I think no Heinie style/HD/Ameriglo sights is a major negative for the 07 as a defensive pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    How easy is the CGW kit to install? Any different from installation on the steel framed models (i.e. P01)? Just curious for now - thinking of making CZs my adventure into SA/DA sometime in the next couple years. Sticking with Glocks til then but definitely want to move into TDA at some point. Easer of end user modification is something I am taking into consideration.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-17-2015 at 10:38 AM.

The spring kit was already installed when I acquired the 2014 model. There are several YT videos out there that might have the answers you're looking for.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    How easy is the CGW kit to install? Any different from installation on the steel framed models (i.e. P01)? Just curious for now - thinking of making CZs my adventure into SA/DA sometime in the next couple years. Sticking with Glocks til then but definitely want to move into TDA at some point. Easer of end user modification is something I am taking into consideration.
    I'll tell you after I get mine and install it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Is there any difference between the pre-and post 2014 models other then the interchangeable back straps?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is there any difference between the pre-and post 2014 models other then the interchangeable back straps?
    Yes. As I recall, different trigger design and slide profile, with older pistols marked "Duty" on slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List