Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 First Impressions

CZ P07 First Impressions

I picked up a NIB P07 today, I will try to get a range report in later in the week before jlw gets his grubby mitts on it. Here's a few first impressions in no particular order.

The ergonomics are good, even with a screwed up strong hand grip like mine. Mine came with the front dot sight and a white outline rear. I'll be doing some coloring soon as I don't personally care for either. I like the pads on either side of the frame for thumbs forward shooting. It's a nice tactile reference point.

The double action is a bit stiff, as expected from a new gun. I'm thinking it will be a little more shooter friendly after a few hundred rounds and dry fire iterations.

If you're a reset shooter you'll probably not care for the length of reset. It felt long to me. Much longer than a Glock with stock parts.

Mine is the safety only version. It did not come with parts to make it a DA/SA with a decocker. I asked the owner of the LGS and he said that's how it was shipped. I'll probably contact CZ-USA as I'd prefer a decocker on mine. The package states it is the P07 Duty, Safety Only. I've not been able to find any reference to this particular package with a quick search. It's quite possible it doesn't ship with the aforementioned parts.

The gun had some minor scratches on the slide. I didn't catch them in the store when I was examining it. I recall seeing a Youtube review which mentioned finish issues as well. We'll see how it holds up to Kydex.

I walked out the door $513 poorer with the pistol, two 16 round magazines and two 16 round MecGar CZ-75 magazines. We checked in the store and the MecGars protruded from the base about 1/4" and were slightly loose. They did fit otherwise and would lock the slide back.

I'm hoping to get a few rounds through it in the next couple of days as well as some pictures.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

That safety-only thing is weird. I thought they all shipped from the factory in the decocker configuration. Hopefully CZ-USA helps you get it set up for DA/SA.

It sounds like you got the pre-2014 version, is that the case? Presence or lack of front slide serrations/replaceable backstraps is the most obvious indication. If you got the old version, the slide finish is crap.

Are you going to keep the internals stock? I know CGW claims to be able to cut the reset in half with some of their parts.

Enjoy your new toy.

I'll get my grubby hands on it this weekend thank you very much!!
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    That safety-only thing is weird. I thought they all shipped from the factory in the decocker configuration. Hopefully CZ-USA helps you get it set up for DA/SA.

It sounds like you got the pre-2014 version, is that the case? Presence or lack of front slide serrations/replaceable backstraps is the most obvious indication. If you got the old version, the slide finish is crap.

Are you going to keep the internals stock? I know CGW claims to be able to cut the reset in half with some of their parts.

Enjoy your new toy.
    It does not have front slide serrations or replaceable backstraps. I thought, based on what I had read that they all shipped with the parts. I'll touch base with CZ-USA tomorrow and see if it can be rectified.

As of right now I plan to keep it stock. I've looked at the CGW page thanks to jlw's input and master level google-fu abilities. I'm on a budget with this project so it's going to remain as low dollar as possible.

Speaking of jlw, I sincerely hope to not get lost enroute to the super-secret squirrel range Saturday. ;-)
    Julius Caesar

A few pictures. Still no range trip yet.

The scratches on the slide.

In a makeshift holster until I can get something suitable made.

The one thing that I didn't pay close enough attention to was holster availability. Holsters are hard to come by for the P07 to begin with, lefty holsters are virtually nonexistent...
    Last edited by Wheeler; 04-04-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: photos
    Julius Caesar

JM offers holsters for the P 07.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

High Noon has a wide range of holsters for the P-07 if you prefer leather. Blade-Tech also has LH holsters. You could check out the CZ forum for more info on various custom shops that do P-07 holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    JM offers holsters for the P 07.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Maybe he'll listen whou YOU tell him that...
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Maybe he'll listen whou YOU tell him that...
    Huh? Whassat?

I neglected to include I was was looking for a retention holster similar to the ALS.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Looks like a pre 2014 P07.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List