Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anything compete with a Glock 19 (if you know what I'm sayin)?

Good question

I'm a right-handed person who shoots lefty and have a Gen3. I'm hoping someone comes out with the Glock 19-sized truly ambidextrous firearm. If the FNH FNS had a shorter grip, it would be perfect! I'm handling the left-hand operation of the G19's right-handed mag just fine, but on the quest for the perfect gun, I wouldn't have to compromise my grip while actuating the mag release. Honestly, if something spectacular doesn't come along, I'm sticking with the Glock. It's the closest firearm to perfection in my opinion, but it's starting to be seriously rivaled. I think Glock is VERY luck the FNS is as tall as it is. VERY LUCKY!!!

Does anything compete with a Glock 19 (if you know what I'm sayin)?

Thought this was Sheepdog247 at first....
    Good luck with the weird search replacing a pistol that doesn't seem to need replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SGT_Calle; 04-01-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EChryst View Post
    XD45 Compact has almost the same dimensions as the 19. Not that anyone is ever interested in that gun...
    True, but it's a 45 and only ten rounds. It's not comparable to the G19 for that reason IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    For me, the Beretta 92 Compact hides as well, and does everything I would ever ask a G19 to do. Actually, it does it better, cause I shoot it a LOT better.
    Thanks, but I'm looking for something comparable to the G19 (striker fired, polymer frame)

Get a Gen 4 Glock 19, reverse the magazine catch... ignore the slide stop and get on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I feel like your argument boils down to "those aren't as good as the Glock 19 because those aren't a Glock 19."

Why are you looking for a different pistol?

And I doubt all of those measurements are taken the same way. Who is including the magazine baseplate or sights in their measurements? Who isn't? A difference of .2" on the spec sheet is often misleading or nearly imperceptible in reality. I've compared some of those guns to the G19 in person, and the difference is pretty negligible from a concealment standpoint. If anything, the tiny fraction of an inch is more than offset by the blocky shape of the Glock that tends to print more than rounded guns.
    You're exactly right Stephen! I've looked at the specs realizing the same thing, and that's why I posted this. I was hoping someone like you might point out a specific example of a gun that defies the specs for that reason. I know .31" might seem insignificant, but if I had my way, I'd cut a couple of millimeters off the G19's mag—it's that close to what I'm willing to live with. From pictures and videos I've seen, nothing seems to quite match it (but I haven't seen side by side comparisons of everything).

Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
    Thought this was Sheepdog247 at first....
    Good luck with the weird search replacing a pistol that doesn't seem to need replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think it's weird when you shooting left-handed.

I agree, to a certain extent. The Glock 19 offers a lot in a pistol given it's size and cost, and I say this as an M&P owner.
    If not me, then who?

Who was it that said the G19 is the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry of the CCW world?

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    Get a Gen 4 Glock 19, reverse the magazine catch... ignore the slide stop and get on with life.
    It's not worth the money I'd lose on a trade. I may as well continue using my left middle finger (which is what I feel like giving gun companies that can't provide truly amib mag release and slide lock).

User Tag List