Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beaver Falls, PA - Protective Shooting Concepts 2014 Schedule

We've got back-to-back Women's only pistol clinics in November! Don't be skeered!
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 11-28-2014 at 07:38 PM.

There's lots of interest in the upcoming back-to-back Women's Only Pistol Clinics... in fact there's more stated interest than there are actual slots available. Please officially enroll to ensure your slot in the Clinic.

We've gt an email newsletter for the non-FB types:

Protective Shooting Concepts Email Newsletter

I promise I won't spam you or sell your info.

We're doing back-to-back (independent) Women's Only pistol clinics this coming Saturday (Nov. 22nd) at The Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol Club in Beaver Falls, PA. The cost is only $75 for each half-day clinic.

The first (Level1) clinic has two open slots remaining. The second (Level2) clinic has three open slots remaining. The weather is looking decent with the current forecast in the 40's and no rain.

Our schedule has been updated through April!

Battle Rifle

January 31st, 2015
    8:00 am to 4:30 pm
    BVRPC
    Beaver Falls, PA

The battle rifle... historically, it was the main armament of the infantry, utilizing a full sized cartridge: .30-06, .303 British, 7.62x54R, and eventually a 7.62x51mm weapon for NATO forces.

PSC Battle Rifle mixes elements of Protective Carbine 1&2 with more traditional military rifle courses of fire. Students will learn to manage the recoil of these powerful weapons during rapid engagements of close targets, but will also employ them out to 400 yards using time-tested, proven techniques. Students will also use their battle rifles to defeat steel, concrete, wood, and vehicular cover.

Topics include: safety and risk mitigation, body alignment, mounting the gun, recoil control, ammunition management, malfunction clearance, aiming, trigger control, position riflery, target transitions, and various skill drills.

Battle Rifle is NOT a novice level class. Students are expected to have a basic understanding of how to run a long gun and are expected to arrive with zeroed weapons. This class is physically demanding - students need to be honest with themselves about their ability to perform.

Duration:
    • one day

Cost:
    • $150

Required:
    • ballistic eye protection & filtered hearing protection
    • semi-automatic rifle (200 yard zero preferred)
    • functional iron sights
    • sling
    • 4 magazines (or 10 en bloc clips) minimum
    • 400 rounds of ammunition
    • weapon lubricant
    • appropriate clothing

Optional:
    • optical sight or scope
    • dedicated magazine pouch
    • bandoleer and/or dump pouch
    • chest rig or war belt
    • shooting mat to lay on
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 12-08-2014 at 08:51 AM.

We're going to own two separate ranges for Battle Rifle, and we're going to have a couple of junk cars to annihilate. Steel targets out to 300 yards and windshields and engine blocks to defeat... you'll need to help us clean up, though!

Workups with the M1A!

Jay,

What are your private session availabilities looking like for Febraury and March? I'd also be interested in being a second person if another solo person expressed interest.

Thanks,

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Len McM View Post
    Jay,

What are your private session availabilities looking like for Febraury and March? I'd also be interested in being a second person if another solo person expressed interest.

Thanks,

Len
    Len,

I'm assisting another instructor with a Home Defense/CQB Course on February 7th & 8th, and I'll be in Memphis for the Tactical Conference February 20-22. March 7th I'm teaching; otherwise I'm available.

User Tag List