Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appendix rig for M9A1

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    There's your problem, or at least part of it.
    Fair enough. Any recommendations for a holster ?(to join the OPs inquiry)

Note: my day job involves wearing a tie -so are there training complications to using an appendix holster given that minor detail?

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    There's your problem, or at least part of it.
    That's the whole of it, in my opinion. IWB holsters are not AIWB holsters.
    #RESIST

Specifically the M9A1. Research has lead to the Raven Concealment ACR, Which I know is not that favored with this crowd. Any others out there?

Site Supporter
    I've had an ACR, I hated it. I don't follow who makes M9A1 holsters, but I'd start here:

a Shaggy from Custom Carry Concepts
    an AIWB from JM Custom Kydex

And keep an eye out for something from Dark Star Gear, I anxiously await his full size AIWB holster. I have one of his for my J-Frame and it's the best I've found. His CS is second to none and he's not afraid to point you in another direction if he feels you'd be better suited with some other holster.

I'd steer the op away from the ACR also. The lateral profile is huge and it doesn't do a lot to tuck the butt of the pistol which is a requirement, at least for me, to conceal a full sized double stack pistol well.

Dark Star Gear is also working on a tuckable AIWB solution for full sized pistols that shows real promise and jives well with shirt and tie carry.

t

Site Supporter
    I can do a G17 or 34 in a JM Custom, can't see a 92 being any more difficult. JRC makes a great tuckable for a full size gun as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Fair enough. Any recommendations for a holster ?(to join the OPs inquiry)

Note: my day job involves wearing a tie -so are there training complications to using an appendix holster given that minor detail?
    My dress shirts and slacks are properly fitted in such a way that concealing anything other than a very thin lightweight pistol in a bellyband is not going to happen without looking like I'm wearing a colostomy bag. But I can position the bellybanded pistol in the appendix position, so the draw is similar to a low-riding belt-mounted AIWB holstered pistol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I tucked in my shirt with a JR Custom AIWB rig for a long time. I had the older version, the new one looks even better. Tuckable holsters tend to work well as far not being noticeable to the casual observer, but in a real NPE type environment you're probably better off with something else.

User Tag List