Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appendix rig for M9A1

Appendix rig for M9A1

Anyone had any luck getting a quality appendix holster for a M9A1. What options are out there?

Quote Originally Posted by USAF422 View Post
    Anyone had any luck getting a quality appendix holster for a M9A1. What options are out there?
    The problem won't be holsters, it'll be when you try to sit down with a 5" barreled pistol in your waist .I'm sure there's guys with the body type to pull it off, but for me appendix carry with a Beretta 92 is a no go.

Appendix with a 92 is good to go with me. I do it everyday with a high level of comfort.

I have two excellent appendix holsters -- a JM for the 92G and Fricke for 92G-SD and elite. Neither are comfortable when I sit/ bend like putting on shoes. Have a JM for my Centurion and 92 Compact, and that works fine. Amazing what a difference that little bit of extra barrel makes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The problem won't be holsters, it'll be when you try to sit down with a 5" barreled pistol in your waist .I'm sure there's guys with the body type to pull it off, but for me appendix carry with a Beretta 92 is a no go.
    What body types does it take to pull it off?

I AIWB a Glock 34, which has a 5.3" barrel. I'm 5'8" and 155# .... no problems.

What holsters have you tried? I prefer a G17 in AIWB over a G19 at this point. 5'11" 200lbs.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    What body types does it take to pull it off?

I AIWB a Glock 34, which has a 5.3" barrel. I'm 5'8" and 155# .... no problems.
    Depends on the size of your other gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    touché

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What holsters have you tried? I prefer a G17 in AIWB over a G19 at this point. 5'11" 200lbs.
    5'9", 165 lbs. I haven't tried any dedicated appendix holsters, but the IWB ones I've experimented with didn't work out . That style of carry only works holsterless or if I never sit down. Maybe I'm just a mutant, but there you go.

Site Supporter
    I haven't tried any dedicated appendix holsters
    There's your problem, or at least part of it.

User Tag List