Thread: New X-grip sleeves for H&K P2000's

New X-grip sleeves for H&K P2000's

X-Grip just released new mag sleeves allow the use of P30 magazines in the P2000 and the P2000SK.
    The sleeves work great for use as the inserted magazine, not so great on reloads because the sleeves tend to slide around on the mag body.
    I use the sleeves for extra capacity when I'm not CCW (nightstand, open carry in the desert, car gun, etc.).
    Here's a pic of my nightstand P2000 with a X-Gripe sleeved P30 15 round magazine inserted.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Seems like a small set-screw on each side would do wonders to keep it in place on the mag.

Really, though, all you likely need is a thin coat of Vibra-Tite VC-3 on the inside of the X-Grip. That stuff is amazingly useful in situations like this.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

The X-grips are soft rubber, set screw aint gonna work.
    Maybe some Gorilla Glue would work, but if I was going to carry with the big mag I'd just go ahead and carry the bigger gun.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The X-grips are soft rubber, set screw aint gonna work.
    Maybe some Gorilla Glue would work, but if I was going to carry with the big mag I'd just go ahead and carry the bigger gun.
    Definitely sounds like a job for VC-3. I'd rough up the inside of the x-grip a bit using sandpaper, then lay down a thin layer of VC-3 all around and let it cure. The VC-3 will reduce any gap between the x-grip and the mag, and present a sticky rubbery surface to grab onto the mag walls.

I thought the problem you were having was that you couldn't carry a P30 mag with x-grip as your reload because the x-grip slips off... Did I misunderstand?
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

I rarely carry a spare mag of any capacity.

For me the slipping mag sleeve isn't a issue, I was just giving others a heads up on the slippage.

If Sir-Mix-a-Lot owned a P2000SK.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for them to release this

User Tag List