Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 5.45x39mm ammo ban?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Steel core is what is considered AP, not mild steel jackets. So, all the rest should be safe.
    Good to know. Looks like time to stash my remaining spam-cans of 7N6 and pick up some of the slightly-more-expensive-but-still-cheaper-than-5.56 stuff.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

History lesson since Santayana was a smart dude;

http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html

Considering what’s going on in the Ukraine I’m surprised all Russian ammo has not been banned from import.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Considering what’s going on in the Ukraine I’m surprised all Russian ammo has not been banned from import.
    Anyone have any idea what the Russian ammo import business is valued at per year?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

what is the significance behind the pistol build creating a ban? -confused-

Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    what is the significance behind the pistol build creating a ban? -confused-
    Ammo for pistols can not be steel core. 5.45 was a rifle round, right up until some retard built a pistol for it.

Same-same happened to the cheap Chinese steel core import stuff. I recall the day the $69 a case Norinco dried up forever.

Ahh I was not aware of that legality.

18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(17)(B)

(B) The term “armor piercing ammunition” means—

(i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or

(ii) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

or for less accuracy and more hype:

The 90s were almost as strange as the 80s but with more subdued fashion choices.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(17)(B)

(B) The term “armor piercing ammunition” means—

(i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or

(ii) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

or for less accuracy and more hype:

The 90s were almost as strange as the 80s but with more subdued fashion choices.
    Don't forget mercury switches, Diplomatic Immunity and "cop killer" bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Don't forget mercury switches, Diplomatic Immunity and "cop killer" bullets.
    Do not tell me that mercury switches are not a real thing. Do not do that.

User Tag List