Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The mystery of the FAMS and the Sig P250

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

The mystery of the FAMS and the Sig P250

3/15/2016

That explains the ATF raid. The Bureau of Alterations, Tales, Fabrications and Excuses doesn't like other agencies stepping on their turf. Only ATF is allowed to contravene federal firearms law with impunity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    That explains the ATF raid. The Bureau of Alterations, Tales, Fabrications and Excuses doesn't like other agencies stepping on their turf. Only ATF is allowed to contravene federal firearms law with impunity.
    OK, I will be stealing that.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Better lock up your dog...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

So, the FAMS has an FFL for purchasing agency weapons, and the director was purchasing private weapons for himself and others using that FFL, IF the allegations are true?
    So there are two issues, really. The gun issue is the use of the FFL, which, is that illegal? Maybe he didn't follow all the rules on those purchases? Allegedly?
    The other issue appears to be a simple impropriety/bribery allegation where guns are only involved because the alleged bribes from SIG Sauer were guns instead of season sports ball tickets . . . .do I have this close to right?
    . . . . allegedly?

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    So, the FAMS has an FFL for purchasing agency weapons, and the director was purchasing private weapons for himself and others using that FFL, IF the allegations are true?
    So there are two issues, really. The gun issue is the use of the FFL, which, is that illegal? Maybe he didn't follow all the rules on those purchases? Allegedly?
    The other issue appears to be a simple impropriety/bribery allegation where guns are only involved because the alleged bribes from SIG Sauer were guns instead of season sports ball tickets . . . .do I have this close to right?
    . . . . allegedly?
    Regardless of what shenanigans actually went on here, govt agencies don't have FFL's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    OK, I will be stealing that.
    I wish I could take credit for it, but I think SoF ran something akin to that in the 90s

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    In the letter, Hudson cited claims that an Air Marshal supervisor "may have accepted free firearms that were offered because of the employee's official position in 2010, at a time when such firearms were being tested by FAMS for possible future procurement."
    Please tell me this dude did not risk prison for a couple of free P250s. Please say he at least held out for X5s or something cool.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Please tell me this dude did not risk prison for a couple of free P250s. Please say he at least held out for X5s or something cool.
    Maybe he got the Diamond Plate Edition

That's a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Well, in his defense they do have the 2 sum frame swap thingy and a pretty sweet DAO trigger. I'm sure he got a caliber xchange kit and a couple mags too.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

User Tag List