Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combat Revolver?

Combat Revolver?

Sort of, anywho.

I <3 guns.

I must confess to a deep unbridled lust for these Colt SAA revolvers. It is not logical, it makes no sense whatsoever. But when I get all my finances sorted out this fall, that is going to be my Christmas present to myself.

You are quite the motivational speaker, Professor.

Very nice.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I dont feel too badly when armed with a single action revolver. When I've shot them in plate shoots and bowling pins, I generally shoot them better than I can a 1911 for 6 rounds.

While not my cup of tea shooting wise and I don't own anything I don't shoot, that gun is a beautiful piece of art. The case hardening is a sight to behold.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Combat?! With that dooflatchie hanging off the arse end of the topstrap?

(It is pretty, though, even if the DA's broke and the cylinder turns backwards...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Is it wrong that I want pretty much the same thing, only in .32-20?

My "door answering gun" for a very long time was a single action "snub nose" in .45 Colt. With my custom loaded ammunition that was pushing a 250 gr. hollow point at 1000 fps.........with black powder (which is why it is on an old Vaquero) it is about guaranteed to light you on fire and the bullet wound will be an afterthought. In a 3 yard gunfight I like the idea of a firearm, flame thrower, smoke grenade and a flash bang with every drop of the hammer........Now THAT is my idea of a close quarters gunfighting gun.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    My "door answering gun" for a very long time was a single action "snub nose" in .45 Colt. With my custom loaded ammunition that was pushing a 250 gr. hollow point at 1000 fps.........with black powder (which is why it is on an old Vaquero) it is about guaranteed to light you on fire and the bullet wound will be an afterthought. In a 3 yard gunfight I like the idea of a firearm, flame thrower, smoke grenade and a flash bang with every drop of the hammer........Now THAT is my idea of a close quarters gunfighting gun.
    Do you still have it? Because frankly, that sounds spectacularly awesome, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to see video of that howitzer firing in low light.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

I don't have video. I still have some of the rounds around somewhere. I have a couple of custom guns that have filled this role. One was a "Sheriff's Bisquero" that was a full custom with no ejector rod housing and a Bisley grip on a Vaquero frame with a snub barrel. I have a Plow handled Vaquero Sheriff model that was custom barreled and gripped by Gary Reeder. Later I used one of my factory Birdhead Sheriff's Vaqueros. I have a bunch of single action Ruger and Colt revolvers. They are just wonderful guns.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Is it wrong that I want pretty much the same thing, only in .32-20?
    No. No it is not.

Of course, I'm thinking 44-40.

The hunt begins for appropriate leather now.

User Tag List