Page 94 of 175 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

@Appalachained gonna need some details on that beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachained View Post
    Varmint getter
    #RESIST

Name:  Screenshot 2018-03-19 10.06.41.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  63.5 KB

Not the best picture (it's a framegrab from an iPhone video), but this is running my DD Mk18 SBR a couple weeks ago in a local "carbine only" match. Took second in my division (rifle, minor). AAC M4-2000 suppressor, D60 mag, Trijicon MRO, DBAL i2 (green) just because (even though it's not needed).
    Last edited by Jason F; 03-19-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    @Appalachained gonna need some details on that beauty.
    Thank You. It’s a CZ 455 Varmint. I looked for a 452 for a few months for a decent price, but couldn’t find one. So I ordered this one from Bud’s. I got lucky in Two ways. I won the wood lottery and so far it’s proven to be more accurate than average. I’ve only had it out twice, both were windy days. With regular Ammo ( Federal Auto Match and CCI Standard Velocity) I’m getting .3-.4” groups @50 yards. It’s a little heavy for a hunting What with the bull barrel, but I had planned to keep in on my UTV for dispatching Muskrats, rats etc...
    It’s such a good looking rifle though and I don’t know if I’ll carry it around everywhere. Now I plan to pillar and action bed it and just shoot for groups.
    I wouldn’t trade it for a 452. I paid $408 for it from Buds and have already been offered $600 for it from Two different people on RimfireCentral.

^^^^You definitely hit the wood lottery. I have the same rifle, with the more common grade of wood found on 455's. Mine is quite accurate as well, with most everything I've tried (CCI Standard, Eley, Rem Match, Wolf, and several flavors of RWS). I bought the YoDave trigger kit a couple years back, still haven't installed it. haha. I don't believe I have any pics, but I'll check. If not, I'll try to pull it out soon and snap a few.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Our guys are starting off well this year...

Congratulations to Dan B. for the NorCal Practical Precision Rifle Club (NCPPRC) Steel Match win! MINOX ZP5’s outfitted the top three and with Team CSTactical
    1. Dan B.
    2. Jacob D.
    3. Gustavo C.

Dan's setup:
    "Consistency is key in the long range game and my Rubicon Precision 6 Dasher delivers solid results every time out with help from my XLR Element chassis, Minox zp5 5-25 scope and team cst."

Jacob's setup:
    "Spent a nice sunny Sunday at the range shooting the NCPPRC steel match yesterday. I wasn’t quite able to keep up with Daniel Bertocchini and ended up in 2nd place. My Rubicon Precision built PROOF Research barreled 6.5x47 continues to impress me and shoot really well. First match with the new Minox 5-25 from Mike Cecil and CS Tactical, couldn’t be happier with it. Thanks to everyone that helps and support me shooting matches."
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Reviewer of the Tools
    Name:  IMG_20180329_164207.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  74.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180329_164237.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  82.3 KB

This rifle has taken me the better part of two years to get completely configured to my exact wants. Have made revisions over time and got some great input from end users here. Finally got a range day in with it today and was blown away by how smooth it was to shoot.

Started life as a Colt M4 lower and a Colt upper was later added in addition to the following:
    -Colt 14.5" SOCOM Profile Barrel
    -Surefire Closed Tine Warcomp
    -Centurion Arms 13" M-Lok CMR Rail
    -Arisaka Hand Stop
    -Magpul M-Lok QD Socket
    -BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charging Handle
    -KAC Ambi Safety
    -BCM PNT Trigger
    -BCM Mod 3 Grip and SOPMOD Stock
    -Daniel Defense Fixed BUIS
    -Aimpoint Comp M4S W/ Scalarworks Mount
    -Surefire X300-UB
    -Blue Force Padded VCAS

Only issue so far is how fast the carbon built up on the light due to mounting it all the way forward and the Warcomp being tuned for neutral position. Will move the light and sight back a few slots. The current position is perfect for my long ass arms but I would like to preserve the light as long as I can.

Name:  IMG_20180329_164246.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  69.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180329_164305.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  41.9 KB

Moving forward, I would like to try out a Geissele Super 42 braided recoil spring and buffer as well as their maritime bolt release lever. The Geissele spring was pretty much built for this barrel configuration from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Moving forward, I would like to try out a Geissele Super 42 braided recoil spring and buffer as well as their maritime bolt release lever. The Geissele spring was pretty much built for this barrel configuration from what I understand.
    I have Super42 spring w/ their H2 buffer behind a Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel. Can confirm it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Name:  IMG_20180329_164207.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  74.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180329_164237.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  82.3 KB
    Looking good dude, looking good!

User Tag List