Page 93 of 175 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Yessir. Marlin 336CS of 1988 vintage in 30-30. I'm in Southwest Washington, and .35 Remingtons are pretty rare here. The cartridge just never quite caught on. I've thought about getting one for elk, but if I'm going to pick up a lever gun in something other than 30-30, it'll probably be 45-70.
    Here in NH, really no need for 45/70.
    I own 3 Marlin centerfires ;
    A model 36 in 32 Winchester special
    A model 336 in 35 Remington.
    A 336rc in 35 Remington. The rc has a straight stock, no pistol grip.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Here in NH, really no need for 45/70.
    I own 3 Marlin centerfires ;
    A model 36 in 32 Winchester special
    A model 336 in 35 Remington.
    A 336rc in 35 Remington. The rc has a straight stock, no pistol grip.
    Those are all really nice, useful guns. I really don't need any more long guns, or guns in general, but I might find myself with a few more lever guns, as this Marlin has reignited quite a bit of passion of the gun for me. I've bought and traded away several levers over the years and always regretted it. I'm going to stop doing that. Lever guns fit very nicely into my lifestyle. I'll likely wind up with one in .357 and one in .45-70. I already own three .22 rifles, but I mind up with a lever action .22 anyway as well.

I'd love to find a .30-30 Marlin with a straight stock.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Yessir. Marlin 336CS of 1988 vintage in 30-30.
    With what look like XS sights. I had a similar one with those sights myself, though a slightly later model. It was a very good rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    With what look like XS sights. I had a similar one with those sights myself, though a slightly later model. It was a very good rifle.
    Those are indeed XS sights, and they make the rifle much more useful in my opinion. I've toyed with putting a lightweight electronic sight on that rifle, but every time I go out and shoot it I decide I really don't need it.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Got the first phase complete on my Saiga .223. I pretty much just used spare parts I had laying around like the pistol grip and a Tapco trigger. Eventually I'll put on a Magpul grip, ALG AKT, and an enhanced safety. I'll probably leave the wire folder on since it folds up very compactly and locks up solid. I'll probably send it out to Definitive Arms eventually for an AR15 magwell conversion.

Shot some rifles and pistols today with a friend. Got my KAC SR-15 running the way I want it to. Swapped the stock carbine buffer/spring out for the Geissele Super 42/H1 setup. Also took the 3 prong flash hider off and installed the KAC MAMS. Expensive but I think it’s worth it. The muzzle literally does not move. I can shoot it as fast as I can pull the trigger and the dot barely moves around the target. If I was blindfolded I would assume this was a full house race gun...but it’s not

Was shooting 55gr. Federal XM193 in the clip below:
    Shoot more, post less...

My SKS Sporter is coming along. Fit a normal SKS stock today and I have a new dust cover coming. I'm thinking about selling to to get an unconverted 7.62x39 Saiga though because I feel like that would work better for the role I has in mind for this gun.

Before:

Now:

I guess it’s long enough, with the suppressor on the end? SBR fun this weekend. 50 yard groups with an H1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List