Page 83 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

my pictures are potato quality... so sue me.

hear me out on this:
    Took it to my clay shooting day last sunday. Actually was starting to get hits reasonably often (several 3 out of 5 runs) after a couple tries. You gotta get on the clay immediately after launch otherwise that 14" cylinder barrel makes a spread wider than some hollywood star's orifices. Tracking the front sight is a bitch since the tail can swing around, screwing up alignment, and there's no rear bead to help keep things square. I have/had a spare TRS-25 sitting here, and spent $5.24 on a rail which came today. I figure what hell, let's give this a try. I have a small riser block as well, and might try a cheap laser at the front of the rail at some point. I did some stationary target shooting with it from the hip and from "nipple height", and the recoil is totally manageable that way.

I'm taking this as a total experiment right now.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 11-15-2017 at 03:00 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Meridian Defense sent me their little muzzle brake.

http://instagram.com/p/BcAZmJEDV0-/

No bigger than an A1 FH.
    http://instagram.com/p/Bb_7OYPj99U/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Finally zeroed!
    http://instagram.com/p/BcKKVf_DZXI/

Two 3 shot groups at 100 with some old lacquered case Wolf.
    http://instagram.com/p/BcKMQDBDxc2/
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

That's damn good for an AK!

I had a Maadi that would do about 8" at 100 on a good day, worse usually. Couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    That's damn good for an AK!

I had a Maadi that would do about 8" at 100 on a good day, worse usually. Couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough.
    My SAM7SF is a sub MOA Gun with Hornady Ammo. The days of assuming an AK cannot be accurate was ended with several of the newer variants.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    My SAM7SF is a sub MOA Gun with Hornady Ammo. The days of assuming an AK cannot be accurate was ended with several of the newer variants.
    And the availability of higher quality x39 ammo offerings.

I had my old SGL-21 re-crowned by a competent smith, and it shot incredibly well.

From about eight years ago, so quite possibly posted before, but since I mentioned it.
    Last edited by StraitR; 12-02-2017 at 12:47 PM.

My old WASR-10 seems to shoot fine. My understanding was a lot of variance in bore diameter of all the different AK's that used to be on the market and the same variance in bullet diameter for the surplus ammo. So if you got .308 bullets and put them down a .311 bore you're gonna think the rifle sucks. But as far as I am aware there is nothing inherent about the AK that dooms it to be inaccurate compared to similar rifles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    My old WASR-10 seems to shoot fine. My understanding was a lot of variance in bore diameter of all the different AK's that used to be on the market and the same variance in bullet diameter for the surplus ammo. So if you got .308 bullets and put them down a .311 bore you're gonna think the rifle sucks. But as far as I am aware there is nothing inherent about the AK that dooms it to be inaccurate compared to similar rifles.
    I think you are spot on about the variance in 7.62x39 guns and ammo. My CZ bolt gun in 7.62x39 does fine with quality ammo.

Re: accurate AK's, IME, the 5.45x39 guns are normally more accurate with most AK 74's being 2 MOA guns vs 3-6 MOA for most 7.62x39s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    So turned out the Presscheck Consulting Class had night shooting too. I had to rack the rifle I had planned on using for everything and break out my Pimp Stick (pic above).

Results with the TA44 and Malkoff E2T.
    http://instagram.com/p/BcR1G02jYti/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

*RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List