Page 57 of 175 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Getting this WASR just about where I'm keeping it.
    Light will change at some point and final optic will be a x3 prism of some type.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pyzik; 11-01-2016 at 12:53 PM.

My two newly SBR'd 6920's rebarreled with with 9" 300 BLK ones. I just need to get rid of the MOE grips and the one Mag Pul trigger guard for something different, slap an optic on them and I'll be calling it done, (I can't seem to decide). Now if my suppressor stamps would come in.

I can't wait to get my Omega 9K's on these things. They are going to be tinny and quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    My two newly SBR'd 6920's rebarreled with with 9" 300 BLK ones.
    Nice. I have the same ACR brake and panel guards on my 16" AAC Blackout. The ACR mounting option works nice with my Omega 30/7.62 suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Nice. I have the same ACR brake and panel guards on my 16" AAC Blackout. The ACR mounting option works nice with my Omega 30/7.62 suppressor.
    I was originally going to run Omega's with the brakes but I opted to remove them and buy two 9k's which will be directly thread so I can keep as short as possible. I am going to run the omega on my scout probably, well once I get off my ass and find a way to mount it anyways.
    Last edited by Mike C; 11-03-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Mike C,

600m rear sights?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Mike C,

600m rear sights?
    Yes Sir, unconventional I know. Not to ramble but I haven't decided on an optic so my little experiment with irons is giving me the time I need to decide which way I want to go optics wise, even though its probably going to be a H2/T2 maybe a 12.9 MOA triangular reticle RMR so I can have holds to 250y without thinking about it. Presently I set 200 on the buis and am zeroed for 175 yards in conjunction with my preferred load the 110g Barnes TAC-TX. The Barnes chrono between 2115-2130fps from both of my barrels. The 175y zero keeps me within 5" of vertical dispersion out to 200y then I am -10" at 250y and -23" at 300y. Based on the preliminary math and what I've been able to verify on steel out to 300y, I should be able to run these guns out to 4-450y with come ups using the 600m buis. I have yet had the time to run to 400/450y but I will this week. I really want to keep the packages small, light, and quiet so I feel like throwing a variable scope on them is unnecessary added weight. If I can squeeze enough utility out to 200y with a red dot and have corrections out to 450y with irons I'll be happy with that. Recently I gave up 5.56 in flavor of running everything in .30 Cal. for logistical reasons. I know 300 blk isn't ideal but we've been doing more with less (5.56mm) for so long I'm not really sweating it. Besides it's not like I have to shoot people anymore anyways. For my purposes I'm pretty happy just ringing steel on a reduced ISPC target at 300y with a 9" barrel like it's child's play, that all while staying relatively quiet in an extremely compact package is all I could ask for.
    Last edited by Mike C; 11-05-2016 at 06:21 PM.

It is an unconventional choice, but that rear sight happens to be my favorite, and is on most of my AR's that have irons.

When I used to only have an Aimpoint as an optic, I ran the 600M BUIS, and if a shot was needed past 300, that was what I went to. Sounds like you think the same way about it. While I was overseas, we had a team attacked at very long range (indirect fire), and people were pretty quick to figure out how to run the 5.56 at crazy long distances after that. Cool sight.
    Last edited by SLG; 11-05-2016 at 06:45 PM.

BTW, though I try not to pick on people, companies can certainly be fair game:-)

That rear sight just sitting there by itself made me think of the SA Saint ads. You know, the ones where they put the irons on in the wrong slot. Trying to one up HK I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    It is an unconventional choice, but that rear sight happens to be my favorite, and is on most of my AR's that have irons.

When I used to only have an Aimpoint as an optic, I ran the 600M BUIS, and if a shot was needed past 300, that was what I went to. Sounds like you think the same way about it. While I was overseas, we had a team attacked at very long range (indirect fire), and people were pretty quick to figure out how to run the 5.56 at crazy long distances after that. Cool sight.
    The KAC drum rears are money, ever since I've had them available to me it's been the same story as you, (on every damn gun). Similar experience to yours is what lead me down this road with irons. Everyone needs to know irons and how to run them well at distance for their rifle. Again, I know my choice is unconventional and I'd really love to be able to lob my pills at least to 600y but if I run out of elevation at 450y I'll just suck it up and find a workaround. Sucks the ACOG won't be viable but based on my velocities. Guess I'll be stuck with irons and a red dot. Old school is still cool right?
    Last edited by Mike C; 11-05-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Thought I’d finish building a stamped lower today. Colt 6945CQB upper 10.3”

Attachment 11503

User Tag List