Page 52 of 175 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Figured I'd post here rather than muck up the scout rifle thread further.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I was at the gun store today picking up a couple milsurps I had ordered and was browsing and saw a Sporterized Mauser, still in the original 8mm, with a LER scope and a door in the butt stock to hold extra shells. Except it didn't have irons and the barrel was at 22 or 24". I didn't have another $500 to spend or I would have seriously considered either it or the Savage 99e in .243winchester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    One of those two rifles should be on layaway. Just saying. One of them would be had I visited that store today.
    You have a point. I think the Mauser may have been a yugo because I think I remember it having a flat on the inside of the bolt knob. Still, it was totally refinished so $500 isn't unreasonable. I should go back.
    Thanks a lot, Duelist. You just ultimately cost me $1000. Turns out that particular gun store will let you put two guns on lay-away and the very very pretty woman working the counter brought up a good point when she said I shouldn't fret over which to get and just get both. Although the fact that she could have talked me into a Hi-Point doesn't matter because I walked in there planning to ask about putting them both on lay-away anyway.

Turns out the Mauser is a legit Gewehr 98 but the collector value is gone now. Burris 2.75 LER scope on a Burris mount, matte finish, and custom stock. Slick action and good bore.
    Just picked them up today.

Love RS Regulate mounts.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  72.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Hizzie, your AK is making me all hot in the knickers.

Converted Saiga in 7.62x39. Recently moved the front sight back, cut down the barrel, threaded it, and pinned and welded the flash hider on for a 16.5" barrel.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1471706312124.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  100.8 KB
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

I really need to stop dropping by gunshops. This old 870 Wingmaster was sitting on the used shelf for about 1/4 of the price of a new 870 Express. I pulled the 26" ribbed barrel and dropped an 18" barrel on it that I had sitting around.

Now it looks ready for business

-Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Hey look! Hizzie made a folding stock hunting gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Just eyeballed it off of other pics I've seen of one mounted. Pretty darn close to final position. Just need to run through some positions before loctiting everything down. Butler Creek flip caps are in the very near future.

Attachment 9858
    Milled receiver, how do you like it?

What messing with AKs Ive done, the milled gun I shot was more accurate than the stamped guns. May have been a fluke, or just different quality of guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Milled receiver, how do you like it?

What messing with AKs Ive done, the milled gun I shot was more accurate than the stamped guns. May have been a fluke, or just different quality of guns.
    Liked the first one so much I sold off my yugos and got a second (rescued it actually). Super smooth. Great triggers.

Darryl gets amazing accuracy out of his. http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=11422

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URI0-AF8Avo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwAlNJFpnGY

https://instagram.com/p/7lWJMaI2Dw/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Twin Scattergun Technologies (yes, I'm old now, deal with it) "FBI Model":

Last edited by Kirk Freeman; 08-23-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Pair of 6920s. I traded an FNC for 3 6920s and a SW M317 for the oldest nephew (got a bunch of AK ammo too):

User Tag List