Page 170 of 175 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1741

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Site Supporter
    I picked up this pimp-tastic '73-vintage Remington 1100 last week listed by a local consigner on GB. The description and pics had it as "gold"...but the ending price was right ($460), so I figured if it turned out to be something that looked like it had been captured at Saddam Hussein's palace I could either have it parkerized or sell it and get my money back out of it.

GB pic...

When I picked it up I commented that I had seen it listed a few weeks earlier but missed bidding on it (that one went for @ $480)...I said, "What are the chances there are two of these in existence?". She told me, "No...this guy actually had two just alike." When I got home I looked up the previous auction just to verify...sure enough, two different serial numbers (it was a 1971). It looked much better in person...turned out it had been Cerakoted in Bronze.

I swapped out the Choate pistol-grip stock for a Remington take-off and ordered an S&J extension to give it the right look.

The color still has a gold tinge to it in pics...it's a darker bronze color in person.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I picked up this pimp-tastic '73-vintage Remington 1100 last week listed by a local consigner on GB. The description and pics had it as "gold"...but the ending price was right ($460), so I figured if it turned out to be something that looked like it had been captured at Saddam Hussein's palace I could either have it parkerized or sell it and get my money back out of it.

GB pic...

When I picked it up I commented that I had seen it listed a few weeks earlier but missed bidding on it (that one went for @ $480)...I said, "What are the chances there are two of these in existence?". She told me, "No...this guy actually had two just alike." When I got home I looked up the previous auction just to verify...sure enough, two different serial numbers (it was a 1971). It looked much better in person...turned out it had been Cerakoted in Bronze.

I swapped out the Choate pistol-grip stock for a Remington take-off and ordered an S&J extension to give it the right look.

The color still has a gold tinge to it in pics...it's a darker bronze color in person.

I like the looks of the short vent rib barrels. I had an 870 barrel cut to about 19”.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

While I’ve had an AR since ‘08, my guns have been in .22 and then 9mm. This is my first 5.56mm gun, the barrel, bolt, and buffer system are all JP. I need to put an optic, a sling, and a light in it, but I’m already very happy.

Name:  F1BC415D-4C81-4C7C-85D3-9C51321FDECB.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  39.2 KB
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Name:  IMG_20230322_135436~2.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  65.2 KB
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Love the paint!

Name:  20221217_132137.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  54.7 KB

Argentine FN 49 in .308 that got traded in to the shop. It followed me home like a lost puppy to take up residence in the safe with the other milsurps...
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 04-15-2023 at 09:37 PM.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Took this out the the range a few times this past week. Larue 6mmARC upper with a SilencerCo ambi lower. A few other trick parts, and a Larue MBT trigger. Older Swarovski 1.5-6 scope that I relocated from another rifle.

Name:  IMG_6712.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  41.2 KB

It likes Grendel brass resized and trimmed to 6 ARC, with 95 SMKs, 30.0gr CFE223, CCI450s. No velocity yet, but the load seems mild. Shoots nice little knots for 5-shot groups.

Of note, the Larue upper is set up in such a way that the barrel attaches to the receiver with a barrel nut, and the hand guard attaches to the receiver on a flange. The hand guard does not touch the barrel or the barrel nut. Most AR designs have the hand guard attach to the barrel nut. I’m starting to wonder if that is not some of the reason for AR inaccuracy, and black-magic required during assembly. I’ll shoot it more and we shall see.

I also worked up a load for my 224 Predator AR. (Basically a 22 Grendel). No pictures of the rifle. Hornady brass (I’m not impressed), 88ELDMs, 28.2gr CFE223, CCI450. The brass is soft, and shows pressure early. Shoots nice little round 5-shot groups.

I need to chrono them both to see where I stand on velocity and pressure.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I also worked up a load for my 224 Predator AR. (Basically a 22 Grendel). No pictures of the rifle. Hornady brass (I’m not impressed), 88ELDMs, 28.2gr CFE223, CCI450. The brass is soft, and shows pressure early. Shoots nice little round 5-shot groups.

I need to chrono them both to see where I stand on velocity and pressure.
    I'm not a big fan of Hornady brass either. I've shot the 88 ELD in my 1:7 twist bolt action and found the bullet to be position sensitive.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List