Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    @ssb
    What are the specs on the A2?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    @ssb
    What are the specs on the A2?
    So after playing with the HBAR barrel I decided I hated it for anything beyond resting it on a bag and shooting things at 200 yards. I got bored and went down a rabbit hole on AR15.com about the origins of the M16A2. I decided to build what I think the M16A2 should have been.

Project goals:
    -Handy gun to carry. Must balance well.
    -A2 irons so I can amuse myself shooting things at distance.
    -Two-stage trigger (personal preference)
    -Should have an optic for MPBR-type shooting, ideally one that’s plausible tech for a mid/late 80s era.

Specs:
    PSA M16A2 lower with Brownells LPK
    -Geissele/Brownells G2S-E
    -CMMG A1 stock with A2 rear butt plate/trapdoor assembly
    -A piece of tape to remind me of where to put my head for optimal head position with the ACOG (it’s got a generous eye box but optimal is optimal)

DPMS A2 upper
    -Blackhawk same plane rear aperture
    -RIBZ modification to the rear drum (has settings for 100 and 50/200)
    -TNTE Sales 20” 1/7 .625 barrel assembly
    -A2 handguards
    -ACOG TA47 2x with red crosshair

It’s right at about 8lbs loaded and points well. According to the internet, the zero I’ll do tomorrow should keep me within a 5.5” circle out to 305 yards with M193. Other optic contenders were the Brownell’s Repro Colt scope and the Primary Arms GLx 2x. I landed on the ACOG mostly because it was as low to the carry handle as possible. The PA optic adds height if you want to be able to use irons.
    Last edited by ssb; 08-06-2021 at 09:37 PM.

This gun makes me grin when I shoot it.

3, 3 shot groups. Some Federal 50 grain varmint stuff I had. Made a couple of scope adjustments, and it seemed to be shooting as well as I can do for being a bit rusty.

Overall not too bad for a gas gun.

About 5 years ago I built a lightweight setup for my now former wife. I decided to put another one together and it weighs just over 6 lbs unloaded.

Name:  20210806_221229_resize_0.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  71.0 KB

Very nice, i'm doing one similar since I just got another barrel, because couldn't resist the price... what rail is that? That is my sticking point right now. Thanks!

About 5 years ago I built a lightweight setup for my now former wife. I decided to put another one together and it weighs just over 6 lbs unloaded.

Name:  20210806_221229_resize_0.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  71.0 KB

2nd quote today! I have really just started looking at these for a beginner build project, really interesting setup!

I picked up another 783 in 223. This is the "tactical" version with the 16.5" threaded barrel and large bolt knob. The previous owner put on the cheesy chinese scope and a flash hider. I'm going to swap the scope and will post an accuracy report.

Attachment 58908

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    2nd quote today! I have really just started looking at these for a beginner build project, really interesting setup!
    I have shot this 783 a little bit on paper at 100, some steel at 600 with success, and did some playing at 1000 yards about a month ago. With 77s I was making impacts at 1000 but it was hard to see if I was consistently hitting. I am still using the cheap Chinese scopes that came on it, which has been interesting, but I did put a legitimate muzzle brake on it.

It's a great little rifle in the budget category. I've owned the Mossberg MVP, Ruger American, Howa Mini, and the 783s are the best all around package in my opinion.

How many long guns fit in a pelican 1650?

The lower receivers made up the first level, with the uppers on top. While it fits, the total weight is about 110lb with the case. I may consider splitting them up into smaller cases instead.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    How many long guns fit in a pelican 1650?

The lower receivers made up the first level, with the uppers on top. While it fits, the total weight is about 110lb with the case. I may consider splitting them up into smaller cases instead.
    #goals

User Tag List