Page 12 of 175 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Not sure if this belongs here or in the "cold weather" thread. Found a spot in the hills by my house with clear shooting to 300+ yd. My little brother's first time with a bolt gun, his first time past 100, and my first time trying to show anyone how to shoot a rifle. It wasn't exactly pretty (20* is not the ideal conditions to really take your time and settle into a good NPA) but he turned out some good 2-3 MOA groups when he took his time.

Name:  IMG_20131225_144043_231.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  79.2 KB
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Untitled by ASH556, on Flickr

And my new squeeze:

Untitled by ASH556, on Flickr

Good lad!

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Not sure if this belongs here or in the "cold weather" thread. Found a spot in the hills by my house with clear shooting to 300+ yd. My little brother's first time with a bolt gun, his first time past 100, and my first time trying to show anyone how to shoot a rifle. It wasn't exactly pretty (20* is not the ideal conditions to really take your time and settle into a good NPA) but he turned out some good 2-3 MOA groups when he took his time.

Name:  IMG_20131225_144043_231.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  79.2 KB
    #RESIST

Noveske Rifleworks x's 3......with a few others buried in the back of the safe, and two more inbound.....

First attempt at DuraCoat. First attempt at Airbrushing. That'll do until I figure the rest out.

ETA...........

This poor critter was put to hard use in April for a 2 day sage rat trip in SE Oregon. It digested about 1200 rounds during those two days. But, you tend to get what you pay for. It went tango uniform, down hard about 30 minutes prior to the end of day 2. Currently at Remington awaiting warranty repair, since the chamber was a little large to begin with, causing multiple split casings from the get go. Finally gave up the ghost when (as best as I can figure it) another split case, created excessive gas escape/loss, resulting in not enough ass to move the projo out of the barrel, next round caused a kiboom. A .17 HMR doesn't really KaBoom, but it was noticeable. Still, it bagged a good 500-600 rats before it bit the dust.

And hey, maybe they will honor the warranty and replace/repair it?

In other news.........my airbrushing skills are getting no better than they were when I started!
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 06-18-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Nice work, Sean!

My artistic abilities end with a mesh laundry bag and a can of krylon.

Because .300 Blackout, that's why.........

Based on a recommendation from Nyeti a few years back, got the optic, and finally found it's final resting place on the LaRue Pred 762.

And the most recent Noveske.........because...........well, Noveske.

I'll post up the 9mm pistol turned SBR build once it is complete.........but between the Form 1 (that I screwed up and awaiting ATF's nice letter letting me know I forgot a piece of paperwork), and the Form 4 for the suppressor............I am not going on a breath hold until it is done......just gonna wait patiently.

ETA........

Patience is not my strong suit. Elected to go with the Sig Brace, and will pistol my bad boy AR 9mm thingy next week!
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 06-18-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: I suck and Hk hates me.

Looking good Sean!

Remingtons QC seems to be hit and miss these days. Hopefully they will make it right for you.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Looking good Sean!

Remingtons QC seems to be hit and miss these days. Hopefully they will make it right for you.
    It is Marlin branded, but after the initial email, all others have come from Remington. I stopped following which evil empire took over which manufacturer on October 6th 2013.

With the 700 series Remy's, or 870's I don't much care about any issues out of the box......I can fix most of those issues myself by replacing parts I was going to anyway, or with the help of a few talented machinist/engineer/100lb head friends. But I really just shoot the things, and tinkering on them is simply my distraction from my boring day to day life.

I didn't/don't honestly expect them to send an RMA, or even accept it as warranty work, but it will be nice if they do repair/replace and don't charge me for it.

Still, if they don't.........I figure I got my $189.00 worth out of it...........

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    It is Marlin branded, but after the initial email, all others have come from Remington. I stopped following which evil empire took over which manufacturer on October 6th 2013. ......
    "Remlin"

User Tag List