Page 108 of 175 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1742

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Which Vortex is that El Cid & if you’ve got a reasonable amount of time w/ it what do ya think?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Some of Team CS Tactical's Precision rigs...

Pic above:
    Rubicon Precision, Inc. (action)
    PROOF Research (Barrel)
    MINOX Optics (Scope)
    XLR Industries (Chassis)
    CS Tactical - The Straight Shooter of the Industry! (Hookers and Blow)
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Which Vortex is that El Cid & if you’ve got a reasonable amount of time w/ it what do ya think?
    It’s the Strike Eagle and I don’t have much time with it yet. The package deal ADM offered with their mount was too incredible to pass up. The reticle is not daytime bright but at that price point I wouldn’t expect that. I don’t like how the entire reticle is illuminated. I’d prefer just the horse shoe be lit for close and quick work. If I’m using the BDC I don’t want it brighter. I’m excited to use it to test the barrel. Years ago in a class someone asked Defoor if he could only have one barrel for an AR what length would he choose. Without hesitating he said a 12”. I found that intriguing since it’s not a common option so when I found this one I wanted to wring it out. A LPV seemed like the best way to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Some of Team CS Tactical's Precision rigs...
    Great looking rigs!

Though I have no aspirations to compete, I do very much enjoy informal precision shooting of getting behind my rifle and shooting for group size without any time constraints. For me, it's all about relaxation!

Which leads me to my question: as you can see a few photos up, I'm using a Harris bipod fitted with pod-mod adapters and Hawk Hill talon feet. These mods make loading the bipod much easier. That said, I find that no matter how tightly I crank down on the cant lever, the rifle cants a bit after each shot. Perhaps it's due to me laying my fat head on the stock too hard, which also makes me move off target (to the left) after each shot. I'm still working on my prone technique and realize that has something to do with it too.

Note - due to an old neck injury in an auto accident, I need to set up high (bipod legs fully extended, about 9.5") in the prone position and lay the weight of my head on the stock.

My observation based on this is that my rifle "flops" on the Harris more than I like. With my yearly bonus coming in the next few months, I am debating dropping the coin on an Atlas BT35-LW17 5-H. It looks like it would be substantially more stable than my current bipod, and due to the way I enjoy shooting my precision rifle seems like it would help tremendously.

So my question - do you have any experience with this model and based on what I described above, would you recommend it?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Great looking rigs!

So my question - do you have any experience with this model and based on what I described above, would you recommend it?

I personally do not have experience yet as I'm not into that type of shooting style yet, and you'll get 100 answers from 100 people unfortunately.
    Mike here at CST is a fan of Harris Bi-Pods and as you can see in the pic above, we have one guy running a Harris and two with Atlas.
    Without physically seeing your rifle it's hard for us to diagnose
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

PS90
    Holosun HS503CU
    Surefire X400U wml/green laser
    50 rounds of SS198LF

Alienware M17 laptop
    i9-8950HK 5.0Ghz
    NVIDIA GTX 1080
    32GB RAM
    1TB SSD

Attachment 34022
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Do you even operate?

Name:  B9D8CE47-BF27-4F1B-BC67-637EB1395DE6.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  39.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Do you even operate?

Name:  B9D8CE47-BF27-4F1B-BC67-637EB1395DE6.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  39.2 KB
    Needs moar Adidias

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Needs moar Adidias
    A friend of mine asked me where my adidas track pants were.

Long guns? Name:  20190112_123517_HDR.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  24.1 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List