Page 97 of 175 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Took some advice from a friend. The result.

http://instagram.com/p/BizYkAKHY8w/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Name:  IMG_4836.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  53.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4837.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  30.5 KB

Built up the AR pistol today with the help of a buddy. First time putting an AR lower together.

Bottom half:
    Aero Lower
    BCM LPK
    Law Folder
    SBA3 Brace

Upper Half:
    BCM 11.5 MCMR upper
    SOLGW bolt
    BCM Mod 4(? Large paddle) charging handle
    Scout DF, getting flip flopped with my Fury Scout this week.
    Steiner P4Xi in a Midwest Industries 1.93” High Mount.

Arisaka inline scout mount coming in this week and a Cloud Defensive LCS to go to a tape switch mounted on the top rail. Cant wait to get out this week and shoot this thing. The second pic is just a size comparison to my 16” DD M4V5 that I stole the light and optic from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every year I go to a Memorial Day Shoot on a buddy's farm in Tn. Folks from all over the country come. We all bring guns and food and make a weekend of it. One of our members from FL always brings the coolest toys. Last year I got to put 10 rounds through a 1941 Johnson...this year I got to put a couple magazines through a .351 Winchester. I love my ARs and Glocks, but these old carbines/rifles are just a different level of cool altogether.

Dig it. What was the Savage 99 chambered in?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I looked at one of those Winchesters many years ago when I lived in
    Kalamazoo, MI. There was a sporting goods store downtown that used to
    come up with lots of interesting old rifles and shotguns. Didn't have the cash
    and haven't really had a chance at one since.

The look on a local peace activists face when I mentioned that I might be in the market
    for a new deer rifle was priceless.

.300 Savage...also a really sweet shooting rifle, but I've been enamored with the .351 ever since watching the Bonnie and Clyde episode of Tales of the Gun, when I was a child.

Okay, Eli, you are going to have to explain the headless doll for a shooting rest. I am sure there is a completely rational explanation.

And I have never even seen a 1941 Johnson, much less shot one. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Okay, Eli, you are going to have to explain the headless doll for a shooting rest. I am sure there is a completely rational explanation.
    Well...there's an explanation...rational is a bit iffy.

The shoot that I go to on Memorial Day weekend is a bunch of members from another forum (Guns & Ammo). The weekend is basically a family get together at this point...filled with the expected shenanigans. A few years ago one member bet another member that they couldn't make a particular shot. The betee responded that they could make that shot using the beter's ass as a rest. So...the beter proceeded to prone out parallel to the firing line and the betee proceeded to use the beter's ass as a rest AND make the shot (hitting a wooden nut-cracker soldier at 300 yards). The betee has since started machining solid metal rifle rests...to which he attaches a naked ass to every one...not real sure why they're decapitated.

He said that the weirdest part was going to all of his local thrift stores and stripping all of the dolls to make sure that they actually had butt cracks. Turns out, folks tended to look at him weird.

User Tag List