Page 48 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Good looking rifle. Issued?
    Thanks! No - I wish. Lol! I am glad I bought it when I did though. It's a Colt 6920 Magpul edition. The early ones like mine were anodized tan. Later Colt switched to Cerakote (much less durable than anodizing).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm obviously not victran, but I suspect the rear BUIS is in front of the optic because the MRO is not a true 1x and you'd get a slightly different POI when using the BUIS through the optic than without. I suspect the rear BUIS is backwards in an attempt to get it as far rearward as possible when deployed. However, that's all speculation.
    Wouldn't that distortion affect it in front also? So long as he zeroes the irons looking through the optic wouldn't it be good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    What's your reasoning for having the rear flip up sight in front of your optic, and backwards?
    ]
    the rear sight is a mere window to my front sight so whichever position it is in, as long i have adequate/comfortable "sight radius" i am fine with taking. in the case of irons, the red dot is priority and primary aiming sight.

the red dot to the rear is because i am cross dominant, i am right handed but am left eye dominant. having the optic to rear allows for my right eye to focus onto the dot easier. i simply pick up the dot easier in this position. i can shoot the carbine either side and shoulder but rather not setup my gear in such a way as so.

of course, i am not the first to develop this and there are a number of shooters and instructors who mount their optic to the rear; Steve Fisher and Mike Pannone are some who come to mind. at the same time, if it does not work for you then carry on, works well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm obviously not victran, but I suspect the rear BUIS is in front of the optic because the MRO is not a true 1x and you'd get a slightly different POI when using the BUIS through the optic than without. I suspect the rear BUIS is backwards in an attempt to get it as far rearward as possible when deployed. However, that's all speculation.
    completely correct. thanks

WC, AR9G. Picked it up this afternoon. Not sure I can make it to the range this weekend.Attachment 9525

Found another milsurp today. Carcano TS carbine that someone took the top handguard off and trimmed the front of the stock. It was only $125 so I figured I wasn't risking much. Looks like they only cut on the wood so if I get the desire I could replace the stock and put it back the way it should be. Unless I burn my thumb a lot I'll probably just leave it alone.

Thanks for the help. OK 3rd. X a charm.Attachment 9645
    Last edited by SD; 08-03-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  86.0 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  76.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    http://m3.i.pbase.com/o9/64/521964/1/157377683.Lq1fbg03.wood001.JPG
    That FAL looks sharp! Where'd you get the furniture?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Attachment 9671Well lets see if this works. Held the iPhone upside down.

User Tag List