Page 118 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1741

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

I picked this little AR up about two years ago from a fella I know that needed cash quick.
    Pretty much a Frankengun, but runs like a pro. It's an old R guns lower, with an E.R. Shaw bbl. P/W. 5.5" flash hider. Old school aluminum 2 position stock.
    It's just a fun little gun. [but sounds like a .308!!!!!]
    Name:  20170105_131342.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  23.0 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Here we go. BCM 16" middy upper I got used from the exchange here on my A1 stocked lower. Dig it. I think I'm actually going to use this upper on a different lower and change the handguard and then order a P&W 14.5" middy from BCM for this but I wanted to get a pic anyway. I want to have one in an A2 style with these handguards and a carry handle and do one as an A4 with a quad rail and a red dot.

That's what most people should be using... it will never catch on!

Great setup. For years, solid stocks have proven their worth across multiple platforms, but they just aren't sexy. A rifle length buffer with a midlength gas system is the cat's meow. Of course, I'm biased as I settled on this same setup myself! Everything works, everything fits well... boring. Just keeps chugging on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    That's what most people should be using... it will never catch on!

Great setup. For years, solid stocks have proven their worth across multiple platforms, but they just aren't sexy. A rifle length buffer with a midlength gas system is the cat's meow. Of course, I'm biased as I settled on this same setup myself! Everything works, everything fits well... boring. Just keeps chugging on and on.
    I'm probably going to come back to this at some point but I ordered a P&W 14.5" middy upper from BCM (as opposed to this 16" + flash hider) and a Midwest Industries quad rail. It'll kinda be like a squished M16A4. I figured that if the gun is going to be a fixed length I wanted it to be as short as possible without a tax stamp. I also wanted a stiffer barrel if I'm going to have a quad rail with a vert grip and stuff.

I'm looking at a used P&W BCM upper on GB right now. Maybe I'll do another fixed stock gun, maybe I'll just let it go because it's an ok price but not great.

Eventually I want to do another A2 style like this but I'll get a lightweight 14.5" P&W upper. Kinda wish I hadn't sold my Cav Arms polymer lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Eventually I want to do another A2 style like this but I'll get a lightweight 14.5" P&W upper. Kinda wish I hadn't sold my Cav Arms polymer lower.
    Funny you should mention that. I recently pulled an old Cav Arms blem lower out of the safe, slapped a middy 14.5" + flash suppressor LW BCM upper on it, added an Aimpoint Micro and KE Arms trigger, and it's a very sweet setup. This may just be THE gun for me when it comes to centerfire small bore. My version of the WWSD ala InRange TV carbine.

We forget that back in the blue steel and walnut, .30 caliber days that the AR-15 was built with the idea of urban combat in mind. We've subsequently shortened and lightened it even more, but the basic fundamentals are still very worthy.

Carry on playing with different combos, but I think you will find that lightweight + a fixed stock is a joy to have. Back in the day, a good friend swore an MP5 with a fixed stock was the way to go. Didn't understand then that the mounting and using of the long arm was of paramount importance and that a fixed shoulder mount was worth it's weight in gold. In the AR family, add to that a longer travel of the buffer, and it's a win-win situation.

*edited to fix an autocorrect mistake
    Last edited by Drifting Fate; 08-31-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Funny you should mention that. I recently pulled an old Cav Arms blem lower out of the safe, slapped a middy 14.5" + flash suppressor LW BCM upper on it, added an Aimpoint Micro and KE Arms trigger, and it's a very sweet setup. This may just be THE gun for me when it comes to centerfire small bore. My version of the WWSD ala InRange TV carbine.

We forget that back in the blue steel and walnut, .30 caliber days that the AR-15 was built with the idea of urban combat in mind. We've subsequently shortened and lightened it even more, but the basic fundamentals are still very worthy.

Carry on playing with different combos, but I think you will find that lightweight + a fixed stock is a joy to have. Back in the day, a good friend swore an MP5 with a fixed stock was the way to go. Didn't understand then that the mounting and using of the long arm was of paramount importance and that a fixed shoulder mount was worth it's weight in gold. In the AR family, add to that a longer travel of the buffer, and it's a win-win situation.

*edited to fix an autocorrect mistake
    Back in 2006 I got a job with the government as an armed guard and we all got old M16A1 rifles. Later I would get an A2. The extra pound of weight of the A2 was not fun even though I pretty much only had to carry the thing from the arms room to the patrol vehicle. I liked the lighter weight and shorter stock (and full fucking auto) of the A1 but I like the larger aperture and ribbed handguards on the A2. If I really got serious about it I'd build an upper with an A2 fixed carry handle upper receiver and a 14.7" light weight barrel and a P&W A2 flash hider. But to make things easier and more practical I'll just order a BCM lightweight 14.5" flattop upper.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

My new 14.5" P&W upper came in today. Quick poser shot.
    Name:  fixed.jpg
Views: 1960
Size:  54.8 KB

And with the other carbine I put together with the upper I had on the lower in the last pic.
    Name:  ARs.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  57.7 KB

The fixed stocked rifle is 33.75" overall and it's not very heavy but I haven't weighed it. BCM 14.5" standard profile middy upper with their BCG and CH on an Aero stripper lower with Fulton Armory LPK and A1 length buttstock.

The lower gun is a 16" BCM lightweight middy that I got used from a member here, I forget what BCG it came with. On a trade-in M&P lower.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Okay, ARs should come with warnings or something because these rifles are addictive.

DSG 16" .223 Wylde upper. Sub-MOA with 62gr Winchester HP. Hated 68gr and 75gr match ammo for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Hated 68gr and 75gr match ammo for whatever reason.

What’s the twist rate? 1 in 7? 1 in 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    What’s the twist rate? 1 in 7? 1 in 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1:8

User Tag List