Page 136 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1741

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Between the 1911 and Garand I almost forgot to post this thing that I also just got. It's a Chilean Mauser in 7x57 that has been sporterized very well. I'm not someone who would sporterize a milsurp but when I find one that's already been done and done well I do like them and find them interesting. Pretty sure the barrel has been shortened or at least recrowned. Front and rear sights were both removed and replaced. The trigger is very nice despite having a striker spring that could probably be used in the front suspension of a Ford Bronco. And the stock has been shortened and modified very nicely.

Name:  1895 sporter.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  77.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    My shortest long gun - soon to be shorter with a PDW stock when the stamp arrives. Haven't decided what to go with for the permanent optic, but currently leaning toward a RMR.

Name:  IMG_3458.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  65.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    My shortest long gun - soon to be shorter with a PDW stock when the stamp arrives. Haven't decided what to go with for the permanent optic, but currently leaning toward a RMR.

How do you like the Whistle Tip ?

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post

Is that a Honey Badger barrel assembly and rail? I was thinking of going the same route for a 300blk build, but then I stumbled on a complete BCM upper that was a deal so I snatched that up. But I'm still intrigued by the Honey Badger barrel and it's increased twist rate versus most other barrels.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    How do you like the Whistle Tip ?
    I'm more impressed with it than I thought I would be. I really bought it because I wanted the Cherry Bomb as a suppressor mount and thought it might be miserable to shoot unsuppressed in the short term. I had it on a semi-enclosed range last week and it was very pleasant to shoot. Can't speak to what it was like for the people on either side of me, but from the shooter's perspective on the blast, it was much nicer than the 556 pistol 10 ft to my left and the other 300blk pistol 10 ft to my right.

I found the rifle as a whole to be soft shooting too, but I've never shot any other 300blk so I have nothing to compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Is that a Honey Badger barrel assembly and rail? I was thinking of going the same route for a 300blk build, but then I stumbled on a complete BCM upper that was a deal so I snatched that up. But I'm still intrigued by the Honey Badger barrel and it's increased twist rate versus most other barrels.
    It is. I don't know if it was the smartest use of money, but I liked the idea/twist rate/gas block/and the combo it created with the rail. I don't have anywhere near enough rounds through it yet to make much of a judgment (and so far no heavy subs to check the accuracy of the faster twist) - I picked a bad time to get into a new caliber - but I like it so far and I really like the gas block. I'll have to post an update when i get a few hundred more rounds downrange. Only downside so far is I think the rail is a bit tall on the hand guard. It does not look fully flush with the receiver's rail and it took a lot of force to get the front sight on. Doesn't really matter at this point since anything else going on the gun will use the m-lok.

Long Guns Photo Gallery

Elk rifle project nearly complete. I have a feeling this gun is going to shoot more steel than elk...

Nucleus (American Rifle Co.) long action -30 moa
    300 PRC Proof carbon prefit barrel, 24”
    KRG Bravo chassis
    MDT CIP length .338LM magazine
    Leupold Mk5 5-25x56 Illuminated TMR
    ARC M10 35mm scope rings (24mm low)
    Timney 2-stage trigger (1# / 1#)
    Bighorn 12-point barrel nut
    APA Little Bastard G3 muzzle brake
    Hoptic level
    Hoptic adhesive saddle blanket
    10.5 lbs
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Long Guns Photo Gallery

< 0.5moa 3 shot group from the 300 PRC at 100yds using factory Hornady 225gr ELD-m.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    300 PRC
    10.5 lbs
    If a fella knows how to manage recoil fairly well, is he throwing in the towel after 10 shots, or a whole box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing some standing work off the new RRS tripod and Anvil 30. I should have ponied up and spent this money a very long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List