Page 109 of 175 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1741

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Long Guns Photo Gallery

Sin Arms 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, ASR Brake/Mount, American Rifle Company Nucleus action with Borloc barrel nut system and 20 MOA rail, 2.5-10x Vortex Vioer PST gen1, KRG Bravo stock/chassis and Atlas bipod. Trigger Tech adjustable trigger.

I’ll be running a Specwar 7.62 or Omega 7.62 on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 01-13-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

New Build: I'm a fan of grey for rifles and tried to get as many parts as I could in some shade of grey. Those I couldn't find, I went with tan/FDE or black. The original plan was to use a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 on this, but the PA 1-6 was on sale for $174 during Black Friday weekend so I'm going to give it a go first. It's my first time using the Geissele Super 42 buffer system and it's tough to pull all the way open at first - very strong spring. I've traditionally used the Vltor A5 system, but since everything Mr Geissele makes is extremely well thought out, I figured I'd give it a try.

I still need to get BUIS at some point, but it's not a duty rifle so there is no hurry. I like the 1.93" height scope mount for upright shooting (standing, kneeling) but for traditional prone it's tough to monopod on the magazine. I haven't tried urban prone or shot a 9-hole wall yet to get a feel for unconventional shooting positions.

The Scout M600P was one I had in the safe from another rifle and gets the job done for now. I may switch to my favorite setup which is an X300U at 12 o'clock on the rail. The Scout light may interfere with offset BUIS which will be necessary since the Geissele optic mount is not a QD like the ADM's I normally use.

During the function test the gun shot EXTREMELY flat! It behaved as if it had a compensator on the muzzle. It didn't matter how quickly I worked the trigger the gun stayed in one spot. I'm not sure if it's the Super 42 spring and setup, or the 6315 hider, or a combination. I want to fiddle with different configurations later to see if I can attribute the shootability to one or a couple of parts. It's far and away my favorite rifle now. FCD does say their 6315 hider has a slightly different sizing on the ports from a regular A2 so this may contribute.

PARTS LIST

Barrel: DSG Arms, 416R Stainless, 1/8 twist, Mid-gas, 16"
    Gas Tube: Aero Precision Melonited
    Upper Receiver: ABC Rifle Company, anodized grey
    Lower Receiver: Brownells, anodized grey
    Handguard: Geissele Mk16, anodized grey
    Muzzle Device: Forward Control Design 6315
    VFG: Railscales Anchor
    BCG: Sionics Weapons NP3
    Charging Handle: Geissele Airborne
    Trigger: Geissele SD-C
    Trigger Guard: Guntec USA
    LPK: DSG Arms
    Safety/Selector: BAD-ASS
    Mag Catch Button: Seekins
    Receiver Extension: Geissele
    Buffer / Spring: Geissele Super 42 w/ H1
    Pistol Grip: B5 Systems Grip-23
    Stock: B5 Systems Bravo
    Takedown Pins: Titanium from DSG Arms
    Bolt Catch: Maritime Bolt Catch from Geissele
    Weapon Light: Surefire Scout M600P with Arisaka M-lok mount
    Sling: VTAC Padded, ALG Defense QD swivels, Arisaka QD M-lok mount
    Optic: Primary Arms 1-6X24mm SFP Rifle Scope GEN III - Illuminated ACSS 5.56 / 5.45 / .308 Reticle
    Optic Mount: Geissele 1.93" Scope mount
    Ejection Port Door: PAMAX Tacitcal
    Forward Assist: DSG Arms

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Come check out our Steel Core Rifle topped with the new Zero Compromise Optic at the Steel Core # 6613 at Shot Show next week

CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

H&K MR762A1
    Elcan Specter DR 1.5-6
    CIM Tactical M-Lock rail
    Geissele trigger
    HK slim buttstock
    Magpul MOE grip
    Surefire M600U Scout with M-Lock tape switch
    20 rounds of 168 grain Hornady A-Max hate

Attachment 34326
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

@JodyH, what's it weigh stripped?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @JodyH, what's it weigh stripped?
    I don't know... a lot?
    It's a heavy bastard compared to just about every other 16" 7.62 AR I've handled.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Lol, that’s a good estimation. I was just curious if there was any weight shed with the non factory rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Lol, that’s a good estimation. I was just curious if there was any weight shed with the non factory rail.
    There's a lot of weight in the barrel and barrel nut.
    A reprofiled barrel and barrel nut would probably save at least a pound, maybe more.
    But I actually like the balance and forward mass while shooting, followup shots are fast and easy for a 7.62. Transitions are easy to overswing but you can compensate for that if you're not switching back and forth with a lighter rifle.
    Since I'm not rucking with the beast it's fine as is.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-19-2019 at 09:54 AM.

User Tag List