Page 138 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1742

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Lol. You ‘ain’t kidding. Luckily all the Port ball I have is Berdan. My friend wasn’t familiar with...shall we say...”idiosyncrasies” of the G3 type platform. He insisted I take a pick of where the brass was landing on ejection.

Name:  A80B3DF6-5A67-48EC-9643-79C7AB71DBCE.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  100.8 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Long Guns Photo Gallery

First field trip with the 300 PRC. 1st round hit on 12x12” at 650, 2nd at 875, and 2nd at 1350, all in challenging wind. Definitely have to be solid on this lightweight rifle...

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Nice. I don’t know much about the caliber, but am looking for another project...I might investigate a bit.

I see you’re running a Bravo. I had two identical set up for a short action .308 and my LA .300wm. I just recently ditched the one on the SA for the original HS stock.

What bullets (weight and manufacturer) does it like?

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nice. I don’t know much about the caliber, but am looking for another project...I might investigate a bit.

I see you’re running a Bravo. I had two identical set up for a short action .308 and my LA .300wm. I just recently ditched the one on the SA for the original HS stock.

What bullets (weight and manufacturer) does it like?
    I like the Bravo, but am having the mag drop free occasionally under recoil. I have the magwell adjusted as tight as it will go, and if my plans for enhancing the mag release ledge on the mags doesn't solve it, that will be a dealbreaker for this chassis.

300 PRC seems to be gaining momentum. It's kind of like a modern 300 Win mag.

I'm still harvesting brass from factory ammo: Hornady 225gr ELDm. I'm getting 2830fps. It's supersonic out to a mile under most conditions. My buddy described my first shot as "IMPACT. With AUTHORITY". It really punishes the steel. I will probably just keep using this bullet for my own target loads. Hornady has a hunting load as well, but I'm not sure what I'll use for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like the Bravo, but am having the mag drop free occasionally under recoil. I have the magwell adjusted as tight as it will go, and if my plans for enhancing the mag release ledge on the mags doesn't solve it, that will be a dealbreaker for this chassis.

I'm still harvesting brass from factory ammo: Hornady 225gr ELDm. I'm getting 2830fps. It's supersonic out to a mile under most conditions. My buddy described my first shot as "IMPACT. With AUTHORITY". It really punishes the steel. I will probably just keep using this bullet for my own target loads. Hornady has a hunting load as well, but I'm not sure what I'll use for that purpose.
    Give KRG a shout out, I’ve heard hey have great CS. I’ve never had to use it so can’t speak for their CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    All that poor mangled brass....
    Shootin' buddy says your gun ejects the brass, mine rejects the brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I shoot the 225 ELDm in the winmag. Great results. I’m using H1000 and pushing them at 2805. Using sorted and once fired Norma brass and Federal magnum primers. I just shot these the other day at 1010yds. They hold up better past 1K than the 208s (either the older AMAX or ELDm).

The PRC sounds a lot like a dialed down 300 Norma. I have a buddy running that. He’s currently running the 215 Berger in it however.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I shoot the 225 ELDm in the winmag. Great results. I’m using H1000 and pushing them at 2805. Using sorted and once fired Norma brass and Federal magnum primers. I just shot these the other day at 1010yds. They hold up better past 1K than the 208s (either the older AMAX or ELDm).

The PRC sounds a lot like a dialed down 300 Norma. I have a buddy running that. He’s currently running the 215 Berger in it however.
    Yeah, I wasn't interested in the Norma, but it does have great ballistics. 300 PRC can be used in a standard long action, barrel life is good (>1500 rounds), and it's still supersonic at a mile. I think it's a really balanced caliber.

Another 3 shot, one hole group from the 300 PRC. This time with a TBAC 30p1 suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Give KRG a shout out, I’ve heard hey have great CS. I’ve never had to use it so can’t speak for their CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Solved the mag retention issue with a file.

User Tag List